• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Petter Handyman register

John Kilpatrick

Registered
Hi All,

Just rescued another Petter handyman engine, number is 21038, can anyone date this engine for me.
I have the same engine with number 20193 which I previously found out was 1910 but can't recall where I found or put the number register since that was in 1992.:shrug:

Thanks in advance,
John.

Philipagri

Registered
Hi John,
The Petter factory records are now held at the Internal Fire Museum here in West Wales.
A lot of them have been digitised and you can try your own search on www.internalfire.com or email the archivist with the details of your engine.
Philip.

John Davis

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
03/23/2019
It appears that all Petter information has been taken offline. Message stated that they discovered someone posting their information on another site so they took the info offline. seems as though the Petter collectors got disciplined for the wrong doings of someone else.

karragullengine

Registered
Internalfire are always like that. They had manuals for download for various engines and people were getting copies and selling them online. I gave up a long time ago as everything kept changing. I can see it from their point but also feel they could have gone about it a bit better. Contact Jim Perkins, he is a petter guru, more on the later petters but a very nice guy to talk to.

skint

Registered
Hi All,

Just rescued another Petter handyman engine, number is 21038, can anyone date this engine for me.
I have the same engine with number 20193 which I previously found out was 1910 but can't recall where I found or put the number register since that was in 1992.🤷

Thanks in advance,
John.
i believe the early records were lost in a fire i have a handyman number 22111