• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Petter Handyman

AUSDOK

Registered
Hi I have just purchased the 5hp Petter Handyman serial number 72522 with the hopper only to find that the glass in the oiler was broken in several places ,it is a bowl shaped ? wineglass, Could someone advise me where to obtain one or has one for sale,also what age is this engine please Thanks Rudy

john gilbert

Registered
Hi Ausdoc, ( Rudy) I had a chap in SA make a few oiler glass a few years back when I lived in Adelaide.

I will get his name out of my computer and advise you by direct email
Cheers mate, John

Merv C

Registered
G,day Wayne,
I made a wine glass one for my vertical Blackstone hot bulb a few years ago out of resin, the stuff they make paper weights with, that has insects and things in. Like you I had most of the broken pieces, I glued them all together to get the shape then I made the male and female molds from wood on my wood turning lathe. Use a close grained wood, our native Rimu was ideal to get a good finish. Place both parts on a sheet of glass in position and pour in the resin. When it is taken from the mold it will not look flash, but a few minutes of sanding and polishing it will look like it is made of glass. After a few years it will darken slightly, but that doesn't matter, with oil in it it just looks the part.
I hope this helps,
Merv.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

The one on the left is the one I made, the other in an oiler that was made for me for my 4hp Blackstone

AUSDOK

Registered
Thanks John, Wjcoll and Merv for the information ,I have some leads to follow and will let you know how it pans out Thanks Rudy

AUSDOK

Registered
I have reglued the glass at present as the price quoted was about $90.00 so I may look at the resin option. Thanks Rudy