• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Pincor Manual - Pioneer Gen-E-Motor

Dave Frost

Registered
Re: PINCOR MANUAL-Pioneer Gen-E-Motor

Hi, I have an old single cylinder Pioneer engine that I came across. Red in color, has Gen-E-Motor on the flywheel cover. Looking for any info. Model # ALA Type 1. 481 Serial # 103824. Came to me from an old small engine shop. The grandaughter of the gentleman that owned the shop gave me 9 of his "babies". They are all mounted on small wooden platforms. The Pioneer was included in the group. Nothing but what I assume is a complete engine. Plan on keeping the group together, and trying to get them running. Thanks in advance for any info.

jmarc37

Registered
PINCOR MANUAL-Pioneer Gen-E-Motor

I also need service manual or wiring diagram for older pincor generator.
Mine is a rf20-hm. 2000 watt It is not putting out any voltage. Has replaceable brushes and rectifier. I don't know anything about repairing this unit. Please help if possible.

Thanks in advance, jmarc37@hotmail.com

Last edited by a moderator:

jmarc37

Registered

I am new member. Need very badly a manuel for pincor generator. 2000 watt 20-hf.
Would it possible to get a copy via email. Thanks in advance.

Jim Marcum
jmarc37@hotmail.com

jmarc37

Registered

Jack, Thanks for manual. I have generator running now. Found that it had lost magnetism. Used drill to reset.

Jack Hottel

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/02/2020

Sent what I have. Not sure it's what your looking for. Good luck,
Jack Hottel

TroyR

Registered

If you still have access to the manual it would be greatly appreciated if you you could send it to me. I have a 3000 watt 1975/6 model Thanks, email: troyalanr@gmail.com

iroller

Registered

I am trying to get a 4500 watt 120/240V Wards (Pincor) generator working. Though it is probably from the late 70's, it doesn't seem to have been used much. It is set up on a Wards 16HP single garden tractor using the Wards (Gilson) mount and drive off the front PTO.It mounts and spins up well, but I get no voltage on the meter or the plug. Anything special I need to do to make it work? Otherwise, I suspect the rectifier and have seen some other posts about alternative replacements for the correct part which is nla. Any ideas on what rectifier to use? I did find the Pincor manual, is the manual you have something different? Does it have a schematic and any diagnostics? Thanks, Mike

handdsaw

Registered

This manual cover several models, don't know if it will help. Contact me vias PM, as I can't get it to attch here.

Jack Hottel

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/02/2020

Same here, need an email address. Stuff I have does have schematics, some may be similar to your unit. May be duplication with others since it came off the Stak to me.
Rectifiers are cheap, replace with physically compatible part with ~600V and ~25A or more rating.
Jack Hottel

iroller

Registered

Sorry, my email is mike@irollmotors.com. The rectifier fits in a narrow slot on the outside of the unit, so is kind of hard to substitute, as most high powered units I have seen are square blocks with terminals at each corner. Form factor totally different. First, I need to determine the problem. Thanks for any manual/schematic help. Mike.