• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

please help identify two older cars in photos

DustyBar

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/14/2020
I'm interested in determining the make and model of these two cars. I'm trying to determine the approximate date the photos were taken.

Thanks

Attachments

BHoward

Registered
Last Subscription Date
05/04/2018
The first one is 46 - 48 Ford and the second one could be a 40 Ford. I can,t see the grill, but I,m Shure it,s a ford.

pauljac

Registered
The first car is a 1946 Ford as the parking lights are above the grille and not below the headlights. The second car is a 1940 Ford Standard car due to the grille.

DustyBar

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/14/2020
Thanks for the info. This will help me date the photos and perhaps be able to identify family members shown in them. Our parents are gone now so nobody can provide much help on who is in the photo.

ulgydog56

Registered
pauljac is on the money,i was raised in Detroit along time ago, its a 46 and 40 or 39. thank god I live in the country for the past 35 years..:D

Firewoodguy

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/01/2019
them old fords are very comfortable rides. we have a 46 that our pair of labs just love cruising on weekends. its not the prettiest 46, but is about the best flathead we have ever owned.

Attachments