• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! We get hundreds of applications, so there is no time to deal with missing information.

Port Hurons Are Perky!

G Willikers

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
05/01/2019
Gee, G,....those are wonderful pictures! Thank you!

....now, if we can find a way to sneak that highwheeler down to Wauseon in June 2007 for the Port Huron feature......:brows:

Phil, I remember your 32 sunk down in that wonderful MN soil & the joy we had pulling it out!:D

Beth
Beth?
Don't get your hopes up dear for the hi-wheeler getting as far as Wauseon. That will be a tough sell. Now, you do know that people from the great United States of America are allowed to enter into Canada and return home, and even in one piece? You are always welcome and the hi-wheeler would be happy to see your smiling face;) Maybe in the spring when it is running?
So that 32 in the dirt is ol' Phil's? He did a remarkable job of resurrecting that one in short order! I take back all the nasty things I have been saying about him!!!
G.

Beth V

Last Subscription Date
03/03/2018
Now, G.....It never hurts to ask!!!...and hope!

Yes, I would like to make a road trip that direction....and I'm sure they would send me home & not keep me!:D

Yep, that is Phil's 32...sure looked short in that picture. I remember how we all remarked how the engine "grew" when it popped out of its long time resting place. The tree growing through the right front wheel wasn't helping matters either.

Thanks...........I'll be in touch....now what month shall we plan this adventure for?...there are several of us from "south of the border" that would want to go, IF I let them:brows:

Beth

Ben Busfield

Registered
Last Subscription Date
02/12/2017
Beth

is one of them there highwheeler ports going to be able to make the NTA for the port show ?????????????? I DO HOPE I would love to see one up close!

G Willikers

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
05/01/2019
Now, G.....It never hurts to ask!!!...and hope!

Yes, I would like to make a road trip that direction....and I'm sure they would send me home & not keep me!:D

Yep, that is Phil's 32...sure looked short in that picture. I remember how we all remarked how the engine "grew" when it popped out of its long time resting place. The tree growing through the right front wheel wasn't helping matters either.

Thanks...........I'll be in touch....now what month shall we plan this adventure for?...there are several of us from "south of the border" that would want to go, IF I let them:brows:

Beth
Beth!
Remember now, this is Canada, land of permafrost, muskoxen and caribou, so it may not be safe to put water back in that boiler 'till next August! Actually, more likely in May sometime? Several of you, eh? Does this mean a bus-load?
Oh, and now that you have a newish looking Congress, maybe you can lobby to get that passport requirement they were talking about quashed? They are not required yet but I think are still talking about it in a couple of years!
WE ARE NOT THE ENEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are merely confused Canucks.
G.

Beth V

Last Subscription Date
03/03/2018
G,

That is true.....I have heard reports that the Beamish 110 has its own igloo!!:D :D (sorry, Colin, I JUST COULD NOT RESIST!!:D )

May is planting season, we'll have to see....

The passport thing doesn't bother me as I still have mine from traveling to Europe. Maybe, I will get back to the Great Dorset Steam Fair again soon!

We know you are not the enemy......just "different!":brows: ...after all, we are SOOOOO Perfect down here!

Beth

Beth V

Last Subscription Date
03/03/2018
Since this thread was falling down the page, I thought I would dig up a few more.

The first is an inverted reprint of Blaker's 32 Port Huron portable. He hauled it home from the UP of Michigan. That had to be a long trip like that!

The second is yet another of my 24 Port Huron on the prony brake that AD Baker donated to the National Threshers Association. Blaker's 32 Port Huron sits next to it.

Beth

Attachments

Sawyer-Massey 11-22

Registered
Beth?
Don't get your hopes up dear for the hi-wheeler getting as far as Wauseon. That will be a tough sell. Now, you do know that people from the great United States of America are allowed to enter into Canada and return home, and even in one piece? You are always welcome and the hi-wheeler would be happy to see your smiling face;) Maybe in the spring when it is running?
So that 32 in the dirt is ol' Phil's? He did a remarkable job of resurrecting that one in short order! I take back all the nasty things I have been saying about him!!!
G.
Can I come too, I promise I'll be good:uhoh: ?

Robert

Beth V

Last Subscription Date
03/03/2018
Robert,

Sure!.....you would even be welcome at Wauseon! Where we should have the whole line up of Port Hurons!:wave:

Beth

Beth V

Last Subscription Date
03/03/2018
Robert,

I believe the portable is up in Michigan somewhere. Dave Kemler knows where.

As for any Port Huron tractors, I think there is one somewhere, but I cannot tell you where.:shrug:

Can anyone tell us where either are?

Thanks
Beth

G Willikers

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
05/01/2019
Can I come too, I promise I'll be good:uhoh: ?

Robert
Oh, I guess you can come too sonny. We don't care whether you be good or be bad, so long as you bring snacks! Port Huron gas tractors? I have never seen one, but they were sold in Western Canada so no doubt WDM or RAM have some - Chad?????? They were friction drive, good looking outfit!
G.

Beth V

Last Subscription Date
03/03/2018
G,

I'll promise to bring some of my famous triple chocolate brownies....:D ...Keep in mind that I fed the boys for 6 years while we worked on my Port.....Look at Zach & you'll see how well I can cook!:D

Beth

G Willikers

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
05/01/2019
G,

I'll promise to bring some of my famous triple chocolate brownies....:D ...Keep in mind that I fed the boys for 6 years while we worked on my Port.....Look at Zach & you'll see how well I can cook!:D

Beth
Beth - check back to my pic on the Who's Who thread and you'll just know that I can eat chocolate brownies of any kind, and lots of them. In fact, just came from an open house, and cookies! Did they have cookies??!!?? And squares, and ........
My tummy feels funny ..........
G.

BDMelon

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/29/2008
G,

Beth
:cool: if beth cooks as good as she runs that port,,, i bet them brownie are yyyyyuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmy :D snicker

Tim Searson

eMail NOT Working
Beth - check back to my pic on the Who's Who thread and you'll just know that I can eat chocolate brownies of any kind, and lots of them. In fact, just came from an open house, and cookies! Did they have cookies??!!?? And squares, and ........
My tummy feels funny ..........
G.
Hay G . . .

I have some great pictures of you working on the abell with the stays should i post a couple of them hear?;)