• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Pritchard Generator info wanted

Vanman

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
A school with a greenhouse. Neat!

Don't have any knowledge of that make, but, based on the battery charging generator seen in the last photo I'd guess it to be from ~mid '60's on, when GM introduced that style of generator, the "Delcotron". Of course that could have been retrofitted on there at some point.

I'd imagine it could be dated by the engine serial number?

Are you sure that's a diesel? Looks like a carburetor? And a gas line?

Keith

Tracy T

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/16/2019
keith, you must have some sharp eyes! i can make out what looks like a gas line, but the carb is nonexsitant as far as my eyes tell me..

Steve Dawkins

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/04/2016
I agree. In the 4th photo, it looks like a 3/4" or 1" gaseous fuel pipe with a flexible hose hanging down on the generator from where it was disconndcted from the fuel source, and a drip leg in the piping above the battery charging alternator.

Steve Dawkins

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/04/2016
Have you looked under the cover of the generator head to see if there are any connection diagrams?