• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

R&T Engine School

Frank DeWitt

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/17/2019
I attended the second annual R&T internal combustion engine school last weekend. Wow. It was a great experience. I had no idea the wonderful variety of engine designs that were built. It was fun to learn and great fun to prepair and run many rare engines. My highlight was the 1868 Otto Langen - Oldest running gas engine in the USA

It is hard to imagine getting to touch such a rare engine, let alone start it. :)

Mike in NC

Staff member
Last Subscription Date
05/13/2009
Re: R&T engine school

One day I would enjoy doing this. I have seen most of the run, but it would be fun to be the one running them. Wish I still lived close to R&T.

GarysToys

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/06/2018
Re: R&T engine school

I live 20 miles away and love to visit R & T. I missed the spring show because visiting our 6 month old granddaughter in Michigan was even better.

I have some items on display there for years.

I will be there for the next show.

Mike in NC

Staff member
Last Subscription Date
05/13/2009
I used to display at R&T every year until we moved to NC. For several years I ran a steam traction engine there. I have had the pleasure of watching Mr. Hazzard run the engines and I have talked to him some in years past.

Frank DeWitt

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/17/2019
The big show stRts this Wed. Everything will be running. You can't walk 10 feet in any direction without seeing something interesting. It takes a few days to take most of it in.