• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Rawleigh & Rawleigh Schryer engine pictures wanted.

OTTO-Sawyer

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/15/2019
Thanks for the pics Loren, (my Thanks button's gone again, but I'll get you ASAP).

If you haven't already, please let Michael know about your new toy as well so he can get it added to his listing.

OTTO-Sawyer

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/15/2019
Here's another Rawleigh Schryer that showed up at this years show (2010) that hasn't been shown on here before.

1 1/2 hp serial number AA10064

I didn't get the owners name, but Joe Maurer, Troy Rudy, and a couple others helped him get it re-timed and running.

If the owner doesn't contact Michael to get it on the registry, maybe he can get his name from Joe or someone else ???

And the "Open Invitation" still holds for anyone with any other pictures of Rawleigh, Rawleigh Schryer, and Ziegler Schryer engines to please post them here as well and to contact Michael with the serial numbers.

My "Thanks Button" is all used up again, but I WILL Thank each and every one of you that adds pictures.:wave:

Attachments

OTTO-Sawyer

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/15/2019
...Here's a Rawleigh engine that's on one of Auman's auctions coming up October 2nd. Nice looking engine, but I have no idea what the serial number or size is.

If anyone here buys it, PLEASE contact Michael and have it added to his registry listing.
The engine shown in post #20 was serial number BB17472 and sold for a measly $800.00 :shrug:

It would have come back home to Freeport IL if a friend of mine had gone as planned. He would have grabbed it on ProxiBid, but he doesn't have a credit card to register with.

Hopefully the new owner contacts Michael and gets it properly recorded in the registry.... if not, at least we now have the serial number from the auction listing.

OTTO-Sawyer

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/15/2019
I didn't download the pictures while the auction was still active and can't access them anymore now due to eBay making more format changes recently, but a 1 1/2 hp Rawleigh Schryer number Z5585 sold on eBay a short time ago for $775.00 missing the pushrod & maybe a few other small parts. Auction listing Title had it mis-spelled as Raleigh-Schryer .

Ironman

Registered
Last Subscription Date
10/10/2011
The RS Z on Ebay was missing the pushrod, igniter trip, exhaust lever, carb, intake valve locking lever, muffler, oiler, and plumbing. Appeared to be in good shape otherwise.

Attachments

OTTO-Sawyer

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/15/2019
Figured I'd revive this thread again since I linked it to another Rawleigh thread.

Still looking for More Pictures, whether they were at the 2009 show or not. Someone mentioned in an earlier post about this thread having the most complete group of Rawleigh pictures they have ever seen, so we may as well keep building on that.

Plus I wanted to get to the word out that we will be featuring Rawleigh engines again at the 2014 show.

Hoping for as big or even bigger turnout of Rawleigh, Rawleigh Schryer, and Ziegler Schryer engines, equipment, literature, etc.

Show dates will be August 1st, 2nd, & 3rd 2014

Attachments

OTTO-Sawyer

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/15/2019
Now THAT's a pretty neat picture.

Who needs a playpen when they have an engine hopper available.:D

Swanstone

Registered
[/URL][/IMG]

This was it back in the 1970's with Mr. Farmer from Platte city mo, he gave our family the rawleigh.

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

[/URL][/IMG]

Swanstone

Registered
I've got four samples of modern spray outa of rawleigh 036 brown, it has been re formulated to the modern paints. I'm looking for a original engine to compare to. Thanks ray

OTTO-Sawyer

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/15/2019
If you can get him to post a picture, I think Ironman has one that's supposed to be in most of it's original paint. I looked back through the pictures I posted for Michael but didn't see it there.

Travis Benner

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
12/07/2019
Here is a 4hp that is regularly shown by a Staker at Old Threshers at Mt. Pleasant, Iowa

Paul Spence

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/02/2020
Here is a recient Rawleigh Schryer find (5-10-2014) in NJ :eek: to add to the list. It’s badged as a Pittsburgh Pump & Engine Co. 1 1/2HP – 600rpm. The end of the crankshaft is rough and I haven’t found the serial # of this AA model. It’s missing the push rod, Webster trip push finger, ½ pipe mixer and a few other “little” items :( . Anybody have these parts, or could share some close ups of them with me :O . After cleaning it up, the Webster K-7 magneto on the 303k7 bracket is “HOT :brows: . Here is the link to my find with more pictures.
http://www.smokstak.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133521

Attachments

OTTO-Sawyer

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/15/2019
Nice Find !

Looking at your other thread, I don't think you did too bad on the price for what you got. Good luck finding and/or making the needed parts for it. They're out there, they just don't show up that often due to the very short period of time they were built.

Swanstone

Registered
Looking for tank cooled rawleigh infor???thanks Ray

---------- Post added at 06:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 AM ----------

OTTO-Sawyer

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/15/2019
Thought I'd share a couple 'other' Rawleigh pictures with you all.

First one is of the Rawleigh Home in Freeport IL which still stands and looks as glorious as ever.

And the second one is a shot of the Rawleigh Schryer Manufacturing Co. in Freeport IL which no longer exists.

I snapped these and some other shots from a 1913 Stephenson County Atlas & Plat book

Attachments