• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS. GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! We get hundreds of applications, so there is no time to deal with missing information.

Rebranded Generac - info would be appreciated.

chrish001

Registered
I'm normally on the Onan forum but came across this rebranded Generac very near me. I'm aware it's a 4 kw 1800 rpm unit but I'd like to get some information about it's quality, longevity, possible known problems and if the asking price is fair?
Thanks

Chris

Tracy T

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/16/2019
Good luck with generac information, I posted a question 3 years ago and got crickets!

Rupe53

Registered
Been working at a Generac dealer for almost 25 years and I'm not aware of anything made by Generac that's 4Kw and 1800 RPM, not even rebranded. (Carrier, Bryant, etc) As far as I know ALL of their air cooled stuff is 36000 RPM, unless we're talking the variable speed "inverter" style.

I'm normally on the Onan forum but came across this rebranded Generac very near me. I'm aware it's a 4 kw 1800 rpm unit but I'd like to get some information about it's quality, longevity, possible known problems and if the asking price is fair?
May want to add a link to your post.