• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Robin Generator

Bill Sherlock

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/09/2019
Picked up a 2 cycle Robin generator model LG071 today with engine model EC060. The generator was made by Taiyo Electric Works, Tokyo, Japan.

The outfit looks like it may have been parked too close to some kind of heat source as the paint is blackened in places and decals aren't ledgible. Otherwise looks like with some cleaning and tuning might be a working unit.

I tried to find information on this outfit on the net but wasn't successful. Anyone have any experience or information they could share? I'd like to locate an owners manual/parts list as well if any exist.

Any information greatly appreciated.

Bill

Attachments

Bill Sherlock

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/09/2019
Thanks for the replies guys. The service manual that I downloaded from the Subaru Robin website for the EC08 model engine also included model EC06. Doesn't appear a parts list or owners manual for the EC06 is available to be downloaded though. Since my origional post discovered the engine is a model EC06D instead of EC060. Should have done a better job of cleaning the label!

Bill

dirkelstein

Registered
Hi Bill,
Old post, I know. But there is not much info out there.
So how did the Robin work out for you?
I'm going to look at one next week that needs fuses. Do you perchance know what it takes? I think I have the Amp rating (7A for AC and 10A for DC?) but beyond that I don't know what size (AGC?) and type (slow, fast,?).
Any help appreciated!
Thanks,
Dirk

mcruzjr

Registered
i have a subaru/robin generator EX300DE5220 I need a flywheel ring gear do u have any clue where i can get one, or do u know if another type off a different one that might work im desperate