Rollag - WMSTR Who plans to go?

smgussey

I've got my flights and motels booked! I should be there all day Saturday and maybe part of the day on Sunday as well. Have to take 1 day off without pay from work, but I'm sure it will be well worth it! :D

So, who's attending? Just as a spectator or showing tractors, engines, steamers?

MoRo

Subscriber
Tentative plans at best. Hafta see if the other half lets me. :rant: You know, gas money, admission fees, food, food, food, food, food. Oh, did I mention food? :rolleyes:

I will be there hopefully earlier in the week to get things set up. I will be helping run the 20 HP Minneapolis #8702. Would not miss this show for much of anything. I am counting the days. :D Luckily this is one show I don't have to get permission for as my wife has a job there helping run the little Ortner Railroad.

Darren

Last edited:

Defsim

I'll be there. I haven't missed a show yet in my life!! I grew up just a mile north of the show grounds. I'll have a few John Deeres there and also the Froelich replica. John Deere is the feature this year.
Will this be your first time at the show? Perhaps we can meet up and I'll give you a nickle tour.

smgussey

This will be about the 5th time I've been there, I think. I know I went in the early 90's to the J.I. Case expo (what year was that?), 99, 01, 02, and 03. At least I think I went all those years, memory is getting fuzzy already!

But, I'd still like to meet up with you - there might be things there that I'm not aware of, and of course it's always nice to meet a fellow Stakker!

M

MavGirl

I am thinking about attending the show. I have attended twice in the past and loved every minute of it. Remind me...is this labor day weekend...and what is the cost of the admission?

smgussey

Only a week to go!! Figured I'd give this a bump to see if anyone else has managed to make plans to attend!

I can't wait to get out of this heat and experience some heat from a 110 Case! I can already smell those wonderful aromas from running steamers and engines... :crazy:

ncseverson

I plan to go as a spectator. I'll be headed to Alexandria on Saturday to go fishing. I will take a break on Sunday and head the extra few miles to the show. The last time I attended was the 50th show (with the 50 bottom plow pulled by 3 Rumelys.)

Unless jury duty interfers, I will be there from Thursday evening before the show until Monday evening of the show. I will be working on the Pabst Engine or one of the Prony Brakes. Stop by and say hello.

Later,
Jerry Christiansen

MoRo

Subscriber
It's looking very promising for me. I'll be there on Sunday. Should we make a "date" to meet up, somewhere on that day?

MoRo

Subscriber
I can't make Saturday, Sunday only, I'm sorry to say. :bonk: Where'll the "Gold Leaf" be located??

smgussey

Not sure where the Gold Leaf Deere will be, but I'm sure it shouldn't be too hard to find... :D

I'll most likely only be there Saturday... going with my family and I don't know if I can convince them that we need to be there for two days. :uhoh:

Defsim

The Gold Leaf D will be in the area of the main Expo Building on the Expo grounds. I'm sure it will be easy to find.
I attended a meeting last night at Rollag and it sounds like alot of new "old" tractors and equipment will be coming. The 10 day forcast is showing sunshine and upper 70's for the show!! Should be a good one..
If you see the Froelich running be sure to tap me on the shoulder and say "Hi"

Brian