• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Be certain that you have spelled your email address correctly! Your account is then manually checked and approved.

Rookie with IHC M

asw20

Registered
Shame you're so far away. I have a bare 1-1/2 crankcase here. (but would it go south, or those bits come north? Hmmm)

Jarrod.

isandian

Registered
Went to Tamworth on Monday to have a look at an M, it was puchased as a unfinished project, in pieces and due to illness the own wanted to move it on. on't know if this is spares or a new project. Amazed that you could fit an M in the boot. As far as I can see the only parts missing is the EK maggy and an oiler. Included in the deal was cylinder sleeve, piston, conrod, big end bearing set and flywheel side cranck case bearing cover for 11/2 hp M plus for no reason at all he chucked in a piston, conrod and big end bearing set for a Lister J.
Dobbo
That's an SUV, much more than just a boot! I carried my McDonald AA up from Victoria in the boot of a real car (Falcon).

Attachments

asw20

Registered
Could be open to offers :unsure:
After you get a chance to sort everything out. I would still need to find a crank, flywheels, head, mag, ....
Be interesting to know exactly which bits, to see if it's viable. Like I need another project....

Jarrod.

asw20

Registered
Sorry I did not reply sooner. There were some other bits, yes?
I will have to ring around for more bits to see if a viable project could be assembled. Meanwhile, have a think about what those bits are worth to you.
Thanks, Jarrod.

asw20

Registered
I could actually be interested just for the mag trip rod. Mine has a bodgy home-made one. Perhaps PM me, if you'd rather.
Also are you near Cobba (or did I misconstrue things?) He may be able to store the bits for me.

Thanks, Jarrod.

Dobbo56

Registered
Im about 2hrs from Cobba but have to pass his place when we go upto our van, probably going that way before the end of the month. However the missus said if the boarder was open we could do a road trip. :clap: Here's hopeing.
Dobbo

cobbadog

Registered
Your always welcome to call in Dobbo, you know that. I notice you must be leaving the fish alone so they can breed up the stocks again.
Yes, open that border up so we can visit our little dago great grandson. :brows:

Scotty 2

Registered
Yes, open that border up so we can visit our little dago great grandson. :brows:
By the number of NSW number plates going past the farm, the border is open. Last week-end was a near continuous stream of caravans and campers, motor bikes and shiny clean cars (easy way to pick a non-local) with NSW number plates. The farm is close to the QLD-NSW border.

Dobbo56

Registered
Cobba
Well congratulations to you and Dee on your new family addition. Yeah leavin the fish alone for winter, you get that way once your over 60.

Scotty
Looks like it's only the borer going to Brissy that you lot are concerned about, not worried about you lot in the bush.

Anyone out there interested in a piston/conrod for a Lister J ?
Dobbo

Dobbo56

Registered
Given up trying to couple up the buzzy and M, every time I do it rains, we have had over 70mm this week. Got up this morning and guess what it's raining again.:faint::rotfl:. Oh well have to go to the shed and clean up the new M ready for painting.
Dobbo

cobbadog

Registered
Thanks Dobbo, this is the 2nd great grand kid, they are good breeders up north.
During todays lack of power from our energy supplier, a new transformer was fitted down the bottom of the street, I was reading a local news letter and has a page on fishing. A 38kg Jew fish (mulloway if your younger than me) was caught of the Crowdy beach, big bream are on the wall and around the oyster racks and yellow tail kingfish are on the bite big time out wide.