• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Your account is then manually checked and approved. There is too much funny business on the web for us to do otherwise. Be sure to use a working email address and do not use cloaking or anonymous web connections.

Root saw/Clinton engine fuel system question

audiosalvage

Registered
Hi I have an old root manufacturing chainsaw model R 576 with a clinton engine. I'm trying to figure out the fuel routing. The engine fires up if gas is poured into the choke area. I had to clean out the fuel tank as it was plugged with varnish. I noticed the bottom fitting hose goes to a fuel filter (looking) capsule which is attached to the carb. The bottom of this capsule has a nipple cap which has another hose running to the bottom of the engine. The fuel never seemed to come through to the carb so I removed the cap/ nipple and out popped a spring, disc and diaphram. I may have lost some other parts in the process. Could someone please explain what do I have here and can I purchase new equivalent parts for this.