• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Roseberry 2hp questions

Scotty 2

Registered
Google Ronaldson Tippett build dates and you'll find a table Patrick compiled. Well worth printing out.
Cheers Scott

cobbadog

Registered
Being a Roseberry Don Reid has all the dates on these but you will need your engine number. R&T info wont help on this engine, I don't think.

AussieIron

Registered
Last Subscription Date
08/07/2018
Let's call it a Rosebery and Tippet. Wearing reading glasses is one of the worst things of older age for me.
Always in the way or fogging up , losing them, but can't see close up without the buggers now. Cheers-Neil.

Clapper

Registered
Hi,
Had a play with the Roseberry, no spark, plug well and truly oiled up, never seen a plug that bad, and very little compression. I cleaned the plug and tested on the Lister D works fine. I have now removed the head, lots of oil on the inside of the head, I was told that it was smokey and would probably need new rings. Question: can I get the piston out without taking the flywheel of, is it possible to get at the bigend by removing the cover on the drive belt side and bottom plate with oil dip stick incorporated in it.

Attachments

Scotty 2

Registered
Question: can I get the piston out without taking the flywheel of, is it possible to get at the bigend by removing the cover on the drive belt side and bottom plate with oil dip stick incorporated in it.
How well do your hands bend Ian? You should be able to get in through the cover that has the dip stick.
Cheers Scott

Clapper

Registered
Hi,
Away from home for a couple off days, in Westbury. Will visit Steam World while we are here

Regards

Ian