• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Ross Calder

G Willikers

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
05/01/2019
Not sure where to put this but a lot of guys on this forum will know Ross. He passed away a couple of days ago. Ross was one of the early members of the Milton SteamEra show and hosted their grand stand shows and activities for years. He was also active and did announcing at other shows such as Georgian Bay, Huron (Blyth) and Western Ontario (Brigden). He had many friends across Ontario and in the hobby in the United States.
When I started in the hobby, Ross was one of the older collectors who would take the time to help a younger guy and be a friend. A lot of knowledge has left us with his passing. He was also active in country music and made a few records over the years. He turned 90 this past spring. Sadly, this spring, he lost his close friend whose name I believe was Mabel. I think this was a great blow to Ross. His loving wife of many years, Gladys, passed away a few years back.
I last saw him in the summer at the Georgian Bay show at Cookstown. He was still sharp as a tack and as friendly as ever.
Ross, my friend, may you rest in Eternal Peace.
RM.

Attachments

model k rumely

Registered
thank you for letting us know about Ross , im not even sure how to express how sad I am to find out about his passing, as he was a great man( opinionated but great) he will be missed by a lot of old friends

casertractor

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/24/2018
Sorry to hear of Ross passing as uncle G said he was a fixture at many shows but in particular Milton Steam Era.Ross along side of Marions Country Band put on the annual saturday night talent contest at Steam Era for many years.Condolences to the family and friends.John

Ross Clarke

Registered
Last Subscription Date
10/06/2016
I have known Ross for as long as I can remember.
Probably 50 years.
He was pretty much a mechanical genius who could fix or build anything he set his mind to.
His scale model of the Hart Parr Little Devil is testament to the abilities he possessed.
Of all the things to build a model of, that was probably the weirdest and most difficult.
But that was Ross, he liked stuff that was different and he built it to perfection right down to the casting nos on parts.
He worked for Frink for years and was a troubleshooter for them and quite often would be sent out to fix problems no one else could on various machinery.
I will miss him and our conversations.
Rest in peace.

Last edited:

casertractor

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/24/2018
Ross Smith/Briggs and Stratton Flyer car was a common sight for many years at Milton aswell.John

Brothers Clemens

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/08/2018
Now we know who he is.

I am not sure if i am alowed to do this from Pat and the people of the Antique Power.

If we are not alowed we are going to ask to moderators Harry or Craig to take it of.

What an fantastic person Ross must have been.
This is may/june 1997 and we still have them all.

An big salut.:salute: to Ross,

Attachments