• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Rumely 36 HP " Canadian model " restoration nearly complete.

George Hoffman

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
04/28/2018
Post #5, pic 2, nice job bending the exhaust. Pipe bender or.......Screwed piping is a pain the ass. However if you know your fitting allowance and the manufacturer machines decent threads it helps.
Those Short bent pipes are originals. There is a short nipple screwed into the engine then we changed the 2 unions to modern Ground boss models to give a bit of alignment adjustment. The 21/2" pipes to the smoke box are new. We used all the old nozzles and fittings in the front end.
Cheers

---------- Post added at 11:11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59:24 PM ----------

Tim,
The one from Osage should be at Forest City as well. That one and George's are the only dry bottom Canadian models.
Yes Tim the Osage 36 will be there on static display. We plan to park the two together at the show. They are the only two Canadians to survive. Mine was sold out of the Calgary Rumely Branch house and Smoliks has a Saskatchewan number on the smokbox. Probably sold out of the Regina or Saskatoon Branch houses. Smoliks bought it out of a mill in The Pas Manitoba.
Cheers George

George Hoffman

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
04/28/2018
We are getting ready to leave for Rollag next Monday. Just looking at the various over width permits going east. We are staying north of the border then crossing at Emerson Manitoba. Will be in Forest City on the 12 of Sept.

Tim, I just received word that the Osage 36 is at Forest City already. We plan to have the two parked together at the show.
I am also working on getting a 25 double Rumely basket case to the show. It is the one that was pulled out of the Yellowstone River near Miles City MT. in the early 80's. It had disapeared for the last 30 years then finally showed up in Nebraska. It has just recently been sold and will be on it's way to Vancouver Washington soon.
Cheers George