• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Rumely Oil Pull 16-30 heater parts?

Roger Byrne

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/01/2020
I'm looking for the hot air heater and damper for a 16-30 H Oil Pull. The heater casting bolts to the exhaust pipe and the damper casting attaches to the top of the heater. If someone has an original for sale I'm interest . . . or is there anyone who is selling reproduction castings of these parts? Any help appreciated.
heater 1.jpgheater 2.jpgheater 3.jpg

Roger Byrne

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/01/2020
Thanks Jason but I check with him before I posted the message. Gary Biewer is a good guy to deal with and he has helped me with many things in the past but no luck with these parts.

Roger Byrne

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/01/2020
Thank you LukeSte for the offer, but I have located the two castings and will be able to barrow them to copy. I'm considering if it would make sense to make patterns and have them cast or to fabricate the parts. The lower box of the heater would not be too bad to fabricate but the upper damper casting is another story. I'm wondering how many guys are looking for these Rumely parts. Another question is if these are the same castings that are used on the 20-40 Oil Pulls. I'll wait to see what responses I get from this post and then decide what would be the best way to go.

D Rutherford

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
10/03/2019
while asking? I need the earlier version part number C4P 709 for a 14-28 original or repo thanks in advance, Dennis

Jon Nessel

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/12/2019
If you end up recasting these parts I would be interested in the damper casting (part # CP4 1453).
My early '18 20-40 and '20 16-30 both use the CP4 1453 elbow and my 20-40 parts book calls for that elbow as well. Not sure what the 16-30 parts book calls out as I don't have one. Wonder what's different about the 14-28 elbow? Hope this helps a little.

D Rutherford

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
10/03/2019
My early '18 20-40 and '20 16-30 both use the CP4 1453 elbow and my 20-40 parts book calls for that elbow as well. Not sure what the 16-30 parts book calls out as I don't have one. Wonder what's different about the 14-28 elbow? Hope this helps a little.
the exhaust lays down much more horizontal on the 14-28 where as the 16-30 and later it goes more vertical before it goes horizontal up to the chimney. I was able to get an air heater to copy but no elbow.

Jon Nessel

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/12/2019
Makes sense Dennis. I figured the heater would be different and never really gave the elbow any thought. Thanks.

Mitch Malcolm

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
02/20/2018
I don't know how I missed this post I have 3 complete setups on hand and I have the patterns for them they do fit both the 16-30 and 20-40 Thanks, Mitch Lightning Magneto LLC in the sponsor section

Roger Byrne

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/01/2020
Mitch's post beat me to the punch, I had planned to post this information tonight. The previous owner of my 16-30 said Mitch did have recast parts at one time but wasn't sure he still had any left. I was unable to contact Mitch the last few weeks, so I started this post on the forum. We were able to get in contact with him yesterday and I have a set of his castings on the way. I've bought Mitch's products in the past and have always found them to be first class and I'm sure these castings will be no different. It's great to hear he has a couple sets available and also that he has patterns for those who may want parts for their Oil Pulls in the future.

Roger Byrne

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/01/2020
The heater/dampener on the 12-20 is a whole different set-up clamping in the middle of the horizontal part of the exhaust pipe. Photos below.

1919_Advance-Rumely_Tractor.jpg
Rumely-oil-pull-12-20.jpg

Last edited: