• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Rumely Oil Pull 20-40 Manual Original ?

Nathan Grissom

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
04/19/2019
I just bought this manual and was wondering if the experts could tell me if it is and original. The pictures are crisp and it smells and feels old. I plan to list it for sale and wanted to represent it correctly.

Thanks

Attachments

LukeSte

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/17/2019
yes it looks original, and yes I would also be interested in buying!

halcon

Registered
I just bought this manual and was wondering if the experts could tell me if it is and original. The pictures are crisp and it smells and feels old. I plan to list it for sale and wanted to represent it correctly.

Thanks
The Hal Higgins library reprinted some and so did ASAE they both did a good job. that one looks a little too clean, most oilpull operators had greasy hands:D

casertractor

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/24/2018
Look at the staples down the middle are they Rusty?.usally if it is a reprint you can see the staples in the photo copy.as for having grease/oil or finger prints that is not always the case their are some well preserved clean original Copy's out their wich may have never made it past the dealership.John

Nathan Grissom

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
04/19/2019
Most reprints I have seen the pictures are not in this good of condition. But like you said it looks too nice to be an original. I would like to see some pics of the originals and reprints if anyone has any. By the smell and feel of the paper it would have to be and old reprint.

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

There are grease stains on the cover and a few of the inside pages. The staples show some minor rust and stains on the paper. The inside back cover has the governor care glued to it like is seen in old manuals. The back cover has AD 918-1170 Printed in USA at the bottom. Also the inside pages have a light gloss to them. If it is a reprint it has to be at least 50 years old and was printed on a printing press.

G Willikers

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
05/01/2019
Provenance, as they say on the tv antique shows, might tell you? I bought some Eagle tractor books out of an old dealer work shop years ago so they were genuine. They were very clean. Only read on Sundays!:D

AndyMoravec

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/15/2017
I would be interested in buying it! any idea what you are asking???

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

Or even if you wanted to make some high quality photo copies, Id buy those. the reprouction copie that I have were photocopied 10 years ago and you cant make out any of the details of the pictures. Im working on a 20-40 and this would make life alot easier if i had a manual that is readable.

I would greatly appreciate it if that could be an option. let know know. andymoravec@gmail.com

Thanks
Andy

Ellis Wellman

Registered
I will vote for the manual being original. Just as today,many owners never looked at the books.This one must have had good storage.-