• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

RUMELY-OLDS Rumely Products Co., La Porte Imdiana.

Denis Rouleau

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019

By January 1913 the OLDS engines were still built by the "Seager Engine Works" of Lansing Michigan and distributed by the "Rumely Products Company" of LaPorte, Indiana.

By August 1915, the Rumely Products Company ran into serious financial difficulties, leading to the end of the Rumely-Olds engines.

Denis Rouleau

Hal Rosenquist

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/30/2019
Hi Denis and Tom, That is a very nice 6 hp engine you have there Tom, Not being familiar with a lot of the engines that are
pictured here on the Stak, I have a lot of questions and in time I will learn a lot if I look, read and pay attention.

I have noticed that a lot of the Olds / Seager / Rumley engines are headless, was that typical of all their engines or just certain sizes or models, also I noticed there is a acorn nut in the center of what would be a head, curious about that.

Thank you both for the contributions made to this informative medium. Hal :salute:

Denis Rouleau

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
If you like these Rumely-Olds engine ads, just say so as I have more of these I can show you!

Also, please show us pictures of your Olds-Rumely, Olds, and Seager engines in this thread.

Denis Rouleau

Roy Pasini

Registered
They were headless, with a cap on the end, with the name, model number, etc. The cap is kind of a blow-out freeze plug, being thinner than the surrounding castings.
As a side note, I also have a Rumely-Olds, a 4 1/2 HP.

Tom Guinn

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/23/2009
Here is a picture of the engine that has the tag on it that Denis posted. The cart and hoist are original equipment. [new wood]

Brothers Clemens

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/08/2018
Denis wonderful thread you have.

You looked an little bit on my uncle Piet in Canada.

He was an cow farmer in Surrey BC Canada.

His farm was used in an Canadian movie because it was so classic old Canadian farm looking.

We like the Rumely stuff very much.

Greatings from Holland,

Chris :wave: