• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Be certain that you have spelled your email address correctly! Your account is then manually checked and approved.

Running gear question?

Fred Van Hook

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
11/05/2019
I have aquired a Sears Roebuck running gear. It has a Model# 700.455 and a serial #S-69216. Does anyone have info on this? I would like to know the capacity and age. Thanks, Fred

GeneK

Registered
I have aquired a Sears Roebuck running gear. It has a Model# 700.455 and a serial #S-69216. Does anyone have info on this? I would like to know the capacity and age. Thanks, Fred
I have a Sears Roebuck Wagon running gear Model 700.455, Serial No. S78139. I am looking for info on it also. Did you ever find out anything more about yours? I am curious about how old it is also. Thanks, Gene

Fred Van Hook

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
11/05/2019
Wow.... I had forgot all about that... I sold it to the club in Franklin county Indiana... I never got any info on it...

GeneK

Registered
Wow.... I had forgot all about that... I sold it to the club in Franklin county Indiana... I never got any info on it...
Fred, Thanks for your quick reply. I will keep searching and maybe find something through our local Central Wisconsin Steam Engine Club. Mine is in remarkably good shape, the previous owner built a canopy over it and used it to sell pumpkins at the farmers market. I've been using it to haul firewood out of the woods because it is narrow enough to maneuver. Gene

Fred Van Hook

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
11/05/2019
Fred, Thanks for your quick reply. I will keep searching and maybe find something through our local Central Wisconsin Steam Engine Club. Mine is in remarkably good shape, the previous owner built a canopy over it and used it to sell pumpkins at the farmers market. I've been using it to haul firewood out of the woods because it is narrow enough to maneuver. Gene
Mine was in excellent shape also except it was hard to turn... After a good greasing and some penetrating oil and a little dragging around it freed up nicely... I can't remember the capacity but as you said it was compact. The person that sold it to me had a 250 bushel flare bed on it.. So I am sure it was close to 8 ton??

Sonny Reese

Registered
I did have 2 of them with 125 bushel gravity beds on them---sold one, kept one to pull behind the 1-row NI pull picker at shows, and to store chicken corn in after harvest.