• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Be certain that you have spelled your email address correctly! Your account is then manually checked and approved.

Ryobi 410r 2 cycle Rototiller

Bill Sherlock

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
06/27/2020
Some time in the past I acquired the above used machine. Decided I would like to get it running and replaced the primer bulb and rotted fuel lines. Discovered it has no spark so would like to check over the ignition system. Need to remove the centrifugal clutch but there is a torx screw holding it in place that appears to be seized. Have been unsuccessful in locating a service manual so don't know if the screw has left hand or right hand threads. Anyone have experience in dealing with this situation? Thanks for any assistance. Bill

Charley K

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
10/09/2019
I was working on a Bolens l410 yesterday, Both the torx screw and the clutch turn ccw to loosen. I think both machines are basically the same. Hope this helps

Bill Sherlock

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
06/27/2020
Penetrating oil did it's job overnight and was able to remove the torx screw. It has right hand threads. Flywheel and clutch rotate CCW looking at it from above, and screw turns CCW to remove. Bill