• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Samofa single cylinder diesel

Greg M

Registered
A friend has been left this engine from an estate and is looking for some information before attempting to fire it up. Does anyone have operating instructions for one of these?

It's an impressive piece of machinery to be sure.

Thanks,

Nobby

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/28/2016
I have manual pdf copies in Dutch that I can send you, which of course you'd need to translate.

A good friend of mine has a pair on his ship that drive generators and a pump, I do not recall him having English versions but I'll ask him.

Also there is a web forum for them, www.samfofa.info the Europeans all are pretty much bi-lingual so odds are if you post there in english most likely someone will respond in kind.

Cheers
Nobby

There pretty easy to start the decompressor is such that it self sets as you crank, forget the official name for that. But it means you can really put your back into it with both hands on the crank.

If you like I can put you in touch my friend who of course has a ton of experience with them, i'll PM you.

Cheers
Nobby

Contaucreek

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/28/2017
Have a way to shut off the intake air in case it doesn't govern. Love it, thanks for posting!

Greg M

Registered
Also there is a web forum for them, www.samfofa.info the Europeans all are pretty much bi-lingual so odds are if you post there in english most likely someone will respond in kind.
Unfortunately my Dutch is non existent but I've started the registration process for that forum and am hopeful something can be had in english. Thanks very much for that link!

Greg

Contaucreek

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/28/2017
Greg, look at the off topics section and find member Brothers Clemens (Chris) he is in Holland and speaks and writes English and might be some help with the big words:D

cancunia

Registered
I've yet to meet a Dutchman that doesn't speak English so expect you'll be fine posting on a Dutch forum in English. Nice looking engine BTW.