• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Sapelo F-M O.P. Genset Video From Coolspring.

Elden DuRand

In Memory Of
Last Subscription Date
12/22/2017
:)I've just run across a couple of videos of the 300 HP opposed-piston Fairbanks-Morse generator which was saved from a power station on Sapelo Island off the coast of Georgia.

It is owned by the Coolspring Museum and they got it running for the first time in about 40 years back in June of 2008.

At the end of the Coolspring part of the article are links to the videos.

Go here http://www.oldengine.org/members/durand

Take care - Elden:wave:

Hit and Miss kid

Registered
Sweet Elden,Thanks for the video :wave:. The one that went to TN is about done now ! Me and the crew have been workin on it when its warm out side :rolleyes: We have to finish the cooling system,exhaust,install the 3hp fm with the fm compressor for the air-start and a few other little thing and it should be runnin ! :D Ill get a video of the first start of the ol' girl Thanks,Kid :help:

Keith

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
07/18/2019
Thanks Elden,
Enjoyed looking at all the links and their progress. It sure is great to see 3 engines saved and available for public view.
Keith

Elden DuRand

In Memory Of
Last Subscription Date
12/22/2017
The one that went to TN is about done now ! Me and the crew have been workin on it when its warm out side :rolleyes: We have to finish the cooling system,exhaust,install the 3hp fm with the fm compressor for the air-start and a few other little thing and it should be runnin ! :D Ill get a video of the first start of the ol' girl Thanks,Kid :help:

Hey, Kid:

Great! I'll hold you to it! You can find my email address on the website and attach it to a message.

As long as the file isn't too big, I could do the editing here. Especially good would be the first actual fueled cranking attempts up to the first start.

Thanks and take care - Elden:wave:
http://www.oldengine.org/members/durand

Hit and Miss kid

Registered
It will be on youtube for everyone to see it :D We have to plumb it up yet,the guys hung the air tank up above the engine out of the way. The tools are also hung up there that came with the engine ;) Ill see what I can do for you Elden :cool: Kid-:help: