• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Scale model oilpull

wagswitte

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/17/2014
Thanks for posting the video Ed,can't here it run to well because of the wind blowing pretty good out today,maybe I can get another one later this week when and if it calms down.Everyone might not be able to see the video if you don't have facebook going to try and see if I can put one on youtube later.Thanks for looking better get busy on the next project.Wag...........

Tom Nowak

Registered
Sure is looking good. You got the scale right. Some other models I have seen the proportions are off a little. What did you finally use to glue the rubber on the rim with?. Don't wear it out before Denmark.:D:wave:

wagswitte

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/17/2014
Tom I used the liquid contact cement to glue the rubber on cleaned the wheel's and the rubber with paint thinner and glued a little bit at a time about a foot or foot and a half,had to let it set up about 15 to 20 minutes I guess time will tell how well it will hold up,I'll try not to wear it out before Denmark:O

John T Hall

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/09/2014
Easy to haul, Great resale value, Fast enough ground speed for parades, The scale was kept accurate. I say you nailed it!

wagswitte

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/17/2014
Thanks John,hope to take it to Mt.Pleasant this year see how things go going to try and get to a few more shows this year,If you aren't busy the 7 and 8th of June I know it's a ways for you to come but Denmark Heritage Days is going on you could bring some stuff to sell if you want won't cost a thing to set up of course bring some of your toy's along too.Thanks again Wag........

wagswitte

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/17/2014
Ok guys and gals just wanted to give you an update,I've takin it out on several runs and no problems except one the cheap steering knob that I put on broke off in my hand must have been made in china:O so I built one nothing fancy but it gets the job done,the real test will be when my granddaughter comes over and wants to ride around on it for a couple of hours.Everyone have a great weekend.Wag...............

Capt...John

Registered
You done a very nice job. If I had a Oil Pull like that one, I would never sell it. Have fun over the next several years with it ! :)

LAKnox

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/15/2016
Put some lights on the Oilpull today,now I can see where I'm going.
Cool! My dad told me they used to hang a kerosene lantern on the front of my JD Model A when raking hay at o-dark-thirty. :)

Lyle