• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Be certain that you have spelled your email address correctly! Your account is then manually checked and approved.

Scale Model Train Engine Pictures

Big Bird

Registered
Last Subscription Date
02/16/2018
Well here's the first post in this new forum.... Anyone can add pictures to this thread and I hope that you all do...
These pictures were taken at the real rails train club.... Thank you to "bones"...for letting me use one of the club's layouts for the photo shoot....:salute:

Attachments

Last edited:

b7100

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
My model train layout. No I didn't build it. Paid $300 at an auction. Been collecting dust ever since ('cept for when grandkids come over). What you see is only half of the original. Don't know what happened to the other half. Don't have much time to devote to is cause I have a real steamer that has been keeping me busy.

Attachments

FWurth

One Millionth Post
Last Subscription Date
07/29/2019
I really am going to enjoy this new forum. I have collected Lionel and Marx and AF since I was a teen many years ago. I did build a larger HO layout, but never got around to adding scenery. Making a living got in the way. Hopefully when the grand kids get a bit older they can enjoy it. :cool:

Beanscoot

Registered
I've never seen an engine with that wheel configuration.
I guess it would be a 2-6-6T?

And it sure is a nice model. Appropriately set on top of a Kennedy machinist's chest.

3/4 ADVANCE

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/08/2013
That may be called a Mason Bogie. Solid frame, not a separate tender with a drawbar. :wave: 3/4 A