• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Be certain that you have spelled your email address correctly! Your account is then manually checked and approved.

Sealer for displacer

Tom Jamboretz

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
08/04/2019
I'm making a displacer out of .010" aluminum roof flashing. It needs to be leak proof at the seam and at the ends. Has anyone found a good sealer that can take the heat of the burner? Would appreciate any help that I get. Thanks.

J.B. Castagnos

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/01/2006
About 40 years ago I was at a sportsmans show, a vendor was demonstrating welding rods that were so good you could weld a hole in a beer can. I bought some, after trying them I found the only thing I could weld with them was a beer can. If I get a beer with a hole in it I'm not going to weld it, I'll grab another one. Just joking, they may have improved and my skills may not have been the best.

Brent Rowell

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
06/11/2020
It would be a lot easier to make one out of seamless aluminum tubing; end caps can be machined, press fit, and sealed with high temp sleeve retainer.