• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Be certain that you have spelled your email address correctly! Your account is then manually checked and approved.

Servel Refrigerator Compressor

vs ss

Registered
Hi, I have had this old compressor for over 30 years and my dad has dragged it out. Just wondering if anyone can help out with any info regarding the year or any other info regarding this unit. I believe it’s an outside unit from industrial shops/ coolroom. Thanks.

Attachments

vs ss

Registered
Re: servel refrigerator compressor

Sorry about the plate photo.
I will clean it up and get a better shot when I’m over there next.

Vanman

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
06/10/2020
That's really neat! And even better to have the original base plate and receiver. Any chance you have the motor too??

I can't help you with any details, but there is a fellow on youtube that has restored several neat old recrigerators. He might know something about it, or know where to find out...

https://m.youtube.com/user/davida1hiwaaynet

Last edited:

G.M.Johnson

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
11/05/8018
Wow, check out the refrigerant type, Methyl Chloride, R-40! That stuff was extremely flammable!

Keith Kinney

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
10/02/2019
Servel grew out of the Hercules Gas Engine Company. Seeing the decline in gas engine demand they got into the refrigeration industry eventually becoming the largest refrigerator manufacturer in the World.
Servel stands for Service Electric.

vs ss

Registered
Hi all, thank you very much for the info, links etc.
vanman, I asked about the motor when I got the unit, but no one could remember what happened to it. I had a look around with my dad when I acquired the unit but no luck.
Keith,Great bit of info also.
Cheers,mike.

Last edited: