• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, give complete answers and fill in all blanks. Be Considerate, this is an application to JOIN Smokstak, therefore it becomes part of a decision to open the door to you or send you off to the dropout file. Place your City, State, Country in the location box and it will be compared to where the internet lookup utilities say that you are. Don't give me a zip code to look up, the Eject button is much easier. We get hundreds of applications, so there is not time for monkey business.

Show date conflicts - Jacktown and Cabin Fever

Andrew Mackey

Last Subscription Date
05/14/2017
Looks like they did it again - both shows have a common Saturday 1/19/19 :eek: I wish these guys could work something out. I hate to miss either one! I know that C-F runs Fri.to Sun., but Saturday is the best day, as most exhibitors seem to vanish after Saturday nite:( Jacktown's snow show is a one day event.

Mike in NC

Last Subscription Date
05/13/2009
You would think that they could get together and decide on different weekend. They should realize that scheduling them on the same weekend hurts both shows.

Paul Spence

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/02/2020
I'll be at Cabin Fever :) on Saturday the 19th :shrug: . More I want to see anyway :p , and its inside :eek: , but it cost's me $30 (two of us) + to attend :shrug: .

D Davis

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/23/2020
I will be at Cabin Fever Friday and Saturday , I would like to do Jack Town next year

Gene Fisher

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
11/22/2019
Paul, a movie and popcorn / drink cost way more and not as much fun and with out the stupid previews. Have fun.

Paul Spence

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/02/2020
Gene: I usually do have "FUN", even in Pa. Not looking :uhoh: for anything special, except maybe a …… :confused:

Alan R

Registered
For those looking for separate dates, look at the number of times Cabin Fever has changed in the past 25 years, while Jacktown has had their show the Saturday of the third full weekend for the same amount of time and probably a bit longer.

I realize C.F. has to schedule by what is available space wise, we don't.

---------- Post added at 07:41:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36:52 PM ----------

For those looking for separate dates, look at the number of times Cabin Fever has changed in the past 25 years, while Jacktown has had their show the Saturday of the third full weekend for the same amount of time and probably a bit longer.

I realize C.F. has to schedule by what is available space wise, we don't.

By the way, Free Hobo Stew and Hot Dogs and Coffee and Admission and any weather that comes our way.

Firewoodguy

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/01/2019
Alan, hotdogs soup coffee, not many things free in this world. Appriciate the hard work of the members getting this snowshow together this winter.:salute: hope to see ya all there.

Gil Garceau

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/01/2019
I'll be at Cabin Fever and warm for 3 days.
And.... I get to see Paul having fun on his way through!

Also, note that Cabin Fever is consistent in that it is
always held on the weekend with the Monday holiday
for MLK day.

The folks at Jacktown do a great job and I've gone a
couple times. Great people while uncomfortably cold for me.

Gil

batrider

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/14/2020
I'm halfway between the two shows but will be headed to Jacktown. Long underwear should do it.... I hope.
Russ

Mikechoochoo

Registered
It is how the dates of the shows are figured. One is the third saturday and one MLK weekend. If January 1st falls on a Sunday or a Monday then the third Saturday falls after MLK day, which is the third Monday, if it falls on any other day of the week then the third Saturday falls on MLK weekend
Mike