• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Shows and Potential Shutdowns

George Hoffman

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
04/28/2018
So from noon yesterday when the number of Covid 19 cases in the USA was 8500 til noon today the increase overnight brought the total to 10442 plus 49 repatriated from the Diamond Princess for a grand total of 10491.
Cheers George.

MFaris

Registered
maybe so, very hard to find good data to compare with. everything is reported differently but 7.1 % of weekly mortality isn't good. what would be the weekly Wuhan virus mortality be for the past week?
I'll be really honest with you, the US Covid19 data is really bad compared to most countries so to give anything more than what I've already posted would be speculation. I posted all this because people comparing Covid19 to the Flu is a really bad idea, it lulls people into a false sense of security. In all reality Covid19 in North America RIGHT NOW isn't that bad, but if people continue to act like ignorant A-holes it'll be a living hell.

I'm not going to say much more about this, you're all adults, and if you want to live your life like nothing's wrong who am I to say otherwise... On the bright side of doing that I'm sure I'll be able to find lots of cheap traction engines and gas engines when all this is over.

And for those of you who keep hearing about flattening the curve, this is what mortality looks like when the curve doesn't flatten!

IMG_20200319_171411_722.jpg
Covid19 in Italy

Again I'm not trying to be a dick, I'd just hate for anyone here to be directly impacted by this. It's bad enough that the entire 2020 show season is going to be a write off.

OTTO-Sawyer

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/15/2019
I'll be really honest with you, the US Covid19 data is really bad compared to most countries so to give anything more than what I've already posted would be speculation. I posted all this because people comparing Covid19 to the Flu is a really bad idea, it lulls people into a false sense of security. In all reality Covid19 in North America RIGHT NOW isn't that bad, but if people continue to act like ignorant A-holes it'll be a living hell.

I'm not going to say much more about this, you're all adults, and if you want to live your life like nothing's wrong who am I to say otherwise... On the bright side of doing that I'm sure I'll be able to find lots of cheap traction engines and gas engines when all this is over.

And for those of you who keep hearing about flattening the curve, this is what mortality looks like when the curve doesn't flatten!

View attachment 385065
Covid19 in Italy

Again I'm not trying to be a dick, I'd just hate for anyone here to be directly impacted by this. It's bad enough that the entire 2020 show season is going to be a write off.

Something Else to take in here with those 3,000 Deaths in Italy. . .

Italy is What, Roughly The Same Size as the State of Idaho . . . That's a Lot of Deaths in a Relatively SMALL Area.

And from what I keep hearing, the United States has been trending about 2 weeks Behind Italy.

Hopefully what we're doing here (or supposed to be doing anyway) will Slow The Spread, but whether it all dies down and goes away, or if we're just postponing the inevitable with the same number of Deaths Spread over a Much Longer Time remains to be seen.

It seems to have Run its Course in China with roughly 4,000 Deaths and few if any New Cases, but is That because it's now Gone There, or is it because the Entire Nation has Been Infected and All But Those 4,000 Recovered. . . Again, Time Will Tell.

:help:

JBoogie

Registered
Last Subscription Date
11/12/2013
So fear mongering is allowed in the forums now along with flat out advertising???

Maybe the chicken littles' energy would be better spent by taking inventory of their toilet paper cache instead of just parroting what the idiot box told them and reblabbing psuedo facts and figures that anyone can find anywhere if they wanted to.

I'm not on smokstak for some unqualified stranger's prediction of the future. As a good buddy says, "they talk so much cuz they know so much".🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

PS y'all are gonna be sooooo bummed out when the 4 horsemen fail to make an appearance 😉

Beth V

Last Subscription Date
03/03/2018
Well, the thread is taking on the characteristics of something that belongs on Smoke & Flames and could be heading in that direction. Sadly, the "facts" as portrayed in our media, appear to be skewed to whatever direction they wish to lead the sheep. The wolf in the sheep's clothing is among us.

It reminds me of the old adage: "It's all about the presentation....."

Jimmys Tractors

Registered
Well, the thread is taking on the characteristics of something that belongs on Smoke & Flames and could be heading in that direction.
I apologize Beth, I truly wasn't meaning for this to head that way. I just know show season is upon us and wanted to start a thread regarding steam shows to maybe pass all of our time. I know some of us are stuck at home (my job was deemed necessary by the Gov...ill be working no matter what) but figured some friendly conversation (hopefully on topic) would help pass the boredom

gleaner

Registered
Why do we want to destroy the best economy we have ever had in history? Idiots buying toilet paper by the case, buying 15 gallon of milk at a time, 12 loaves of bread. Government shutting the doors of Churches just by the order of an appointed civil servant. I have never seen anything like it. My wife and I are in the category considered "high risk" but I am not afraid of death but I am seeing my fellow man afraid of life. The way I see it things are in God's control and I am not really concerned with the future. What is going to happen will happen whether I stay home or go out. I do miss my biweekly trips to the Texas Roadhouse.

Fear has taken over the entire earth now and as I see the lowly condition of the morals of man this thing is going to quickly get out of control. Instead of toilet paper people had better make sure they have plenty of ammunition stock piled in the pantry!

MFaris

Registered
Well to get things back on track....
I have already been notified of three different local shows being cancelled between now and June. At this point we've already written off our annual trip to Washington and Oregon as well as all the shows in BC.
I guess all we can do now is look forward to auctions and estate sales in the fall (if life is back to normal by then) and all the added the added stuff for the collection that will come from them. With how the North American economy and stock markets are currently reacting prices should be pretty good by then!

Beth V

Last Subscription Date
03/03/2018
Covid - 19 and the social distance is bound to drive people a bit batty. My job is also "essential" so no forced PTO for me. It is an odd time, but our hobby will help us battle it.

Now, back to an actively debated subject...........................................Case versus everyone else.............:hitfan: I think the "Case folks" created this virus to hijack NTA's Reeves feature!:boxing:

Attachments

George Hoffman

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
04/28/2018
Well, the thread is taking on the characteristics of something that belongs on Smoke & Flames and could be heading in that direction. Sadly, the "facts" as portrayed in our media, appear to be skewed to whatever direction they wish to lead the sheep. The wolf in the sheep's clothing is among us.

Beth. I am absolutely astounded by your comments above. You say " Sadly the facts as portrayed in our media, appear to be skewed to whatever direction they wish to lead the sheep". You sound like Trump saying the media are all producing fake news.
Beth all of the figures in the posts above are from your own C.D.C. Yes your agency employing 10,900 dedicated employees with a budget of 11. 1 Billion of your tax dollars per year. If you think they are skewing the figures, Beth, then you need to give your head a shake.
If you think this is some kind of a plot by that fake news media, why is it that 40 million Californians, 8 million Washigtonians, !! million Illigonions, 35 million Canadians are all in Lockdown to try to slow down this Pandemic ?
Beth these are very serious times, From Tuesday to today , 4 days, the number of cases in the US has climbed by 1o,ooo. Think about where your country is going to be in a week or two.
George

JBoogie

Registered
Last Subscription Date
11/12/2013
Beth. I am absolutely astounded by your comments above. You say " Sadly the facts as portrayed in our media, appear to be skewed to whatever direction they wish to lead the sheep". You sound like Trump saying the media are all producing fake news.
Beth all of the figures in the posts above are from your own C.D.C. Yes your agency employing 10,900 dedicated employees with a budget of 11. 1 Billion of your tax dollars per year. If you think they are skewing the figures, Beth, then you need to give your head a shake.
If you think this is some kind of a plot by that fake news media, why is it that 40 million Californians, 8 million Washigtonians, !! million Illigonions, 35 million Canadians are all in Lockdown to try to slow down this Pandemic ?
Beth these are very serious times, From Tuesday to today , 4 days, the number of cases in the US has climbed by 1o,ooo. Think about where your country is going to be in a week or two.
George
Beth, you done went and triggered George!!! Careful how you proceed, Canada thinks that *hate speech* is a thing..... and health care is free.🤣 tread lightly.

In his defense he clearly has a terminal case of ORANGE MAN BAD and can't control his emotions, just waiting to be offended by anything that comes his way...... "but muh feelings and muh news and muh ions cuz muh galvanized tanks" 🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺

Pretty sure if a private company had 10,000 employees on an $11B budget ALL disease would have been eradicated a long time ago. George is referring to bloated Gov't. Why so many people in lockdown??? Knee jerk over-reaction???🤷‍♂️

David Hoover

Subscriber
I suggest we all sit quite for a minute and contemplate what’s taking place. Some here may not be with us in the coming months. If I called George Hoffman anything outside of Mr Hoffman, it would be “realist” as apposed to panic’er. We should all take a break from slinging shit, it’s a clear waste of time. Spend your time thinking about your older friends that you can’t visit anymore in case you cause their death. That should give you lots to do in the months to come.

Ed Bays

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/14/2013
Well said Mr. Hoover. It should also be noted that the moniker "Moderator" appears under Beth's name. Many of the newer members have not seen a user disappear from the Stak. Many of the more seasoned.....have. Several names come to mind, but most recently....Sparkplug and Addem. While I don't think a moderator has the ability to remove a person, or move a thread, they can certainly suggest it to Harry and it happens pretty quickly.

Secondtry

Registered

I had to scroll back through a bunch of post to find out who this idiot Beth V was and how this person triggered such a rant as post# 31. I found post # 26. Beth, I would like to thank you for trying to bring things into perspective and maintain the original topic of this thread.
Don

David Hoover

Subscriber
There’s no idiots here, just a lot of stress from this new problem we’r all being affected by. There’s no shows this year. But there’s a lot of people that know how to organize them. How do we organize a year long cyber show, through pictures, stories and videos. We’v all had enough virus news in our daily lives. I for one want to here more stories from the Mr, Hoffman’s out there about how this hobby came to be. Here’s a start

Last edited:

Secondtry

Registered
There’s no idiots here, just a lot of stress from this new problem we’r all being affected by. There’s no shows this year. But there’s a lot of people that know how to organize them. How do we organize a year long cyber show, through pictures, stories and videos. We’v all had enough virus news in our daily lives. I for one want to here more stories from the Mr, Hoffman’s out there about how this hobby came to be. Here’s a start
[/QUOTE
Nice, and links to more.
I ran across a video of a steam tractor plowing with about 10 bottoms and 6 guys riding the sled to lift the plows at the end of the field. What fascinated me was when they lifted all that iron out of the dirt the tractor didn't even notice. I can't find that video now. Don

Last edited:

uglyblue66

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
11/07/2018
If you think folks are upset and angry now, check back in a couple months.
Moderating a forum is going to prompt a person to catch he-- regardless of which way they do something. George, here in the US, we as the people have witnessed enough from our government to question alot of what comes from them now days.