• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Simplex Pump

Paul Richardson

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/05/2020
Not much missing from your pic Kevin,except maybe a lid from the water trap?
Here are a couple just up the road,.............a bloke having a shed clean out.
I'm not sure what breed these are,but they are a little more modern.The Simplex pumps were/are a fairly common sight locally in the old soldier settler walk through dairies.

Attachments

Ray Freeman

Registered
Here are a couple just up the road,.............a bloke having a shed clean out.
I'm not sure what breed these are,but they are a little more modern.The Simplex pumps were/are a fairly common sight locally in the old soldier settler walk through dairies.
We went through a few of them. After a fair bit of use the vanes would wear a corrugated pattern in the bore. A common trick was to make a water jacket to go over the exhaust and it would warm water which was plumber to the bails for washing teats before putting the cups on.Ours was driven by an electric motor but we had a Ronnie N hooked up so we could still milk if we lost power.

klanger57

Registered
Thanks Paul

Scotty 2

Registered
Hello all
Gees I amase myself sometimes. I went straight to the lid and my memory about the Daisy bit was right. Happy days.
Cheer Scott

IMG_20200514_181128.jpg

IMG_20200514_181137.jpg