• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Smokstak App?

Fred Van Hook

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
11/05/2019
I don't know if this forum has a app.. Can I get to Smokstak with a App? If so how to I get the app on my phone??

C-Wade7

Registered
not an app but you can add it to the home screen of your phone as a quick link. If you have an iPhone open safari type in Smokstak and it will take you to the home page. At the bottom there is a square with a arrow pointing up in it. Push that and scroll down a little and you will see add to home screen. That’s will be your quick link just like what you would put on a computer.

Vanman

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
Yes, I find this new version to work quite a bit better on my phone than the previous one.

There are some features I miss, but am glad to have the other improvements.

I do not like sites that require apps.

Keith

Fred Van Hook

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
11/05/2019
not an app but you can add it to the home screen of your phone as a quick link. If you have a iPhone open safari type in Smokstak and it will take you to the home page. At the bottom there is a square with a arrow pointing up in it. Push that and scroll down a little and you will see add to game screen. That’s will be your quick link just like what you would put on a computer.
Well that didn't work.. I don't show a game screen.. Right now all I have to do is open Safari and put in the letter "s" and smokstak is in the search bar.. I guess I will have to search for the game screen...

Harry

Administrator
Staff member
Every time I see a site or a business pushing an app, I ask myself WHY? Apps are two way! They are collecting information from me.

Why does my gas station want an app? Why does Fox News want an app? Why does my bank want an app? Why does the grocery store?

So they can get you to log in, see what you like and push ads and garbage at you.

Smokstak doesn't need an app, the functionality is in the forum software!

not an app but you can add it to the home screen of your phone as a quick link. If you have an iPhone open safari type in Smokstak and it will take you to the home page. At the bottom, there is a square with an arrow pointing up in it. Push that and scroll down a little and you will see add to the game screen. That’s will be your quick link just like what you would put on a computer.
ADD IT TO THE HOME SCREEN! it works!

C-Wade7

Registered
Well that didn't work.. I don't show a game screen.. Right now all I have to do is open Safari and put in the letter "s" and smokstak is in the search bar.. I guess I will have to search for the game screen...
Fred “game” was a auto correct typo. Home screen is what I meant, as in the screen where all other app icons, phone text weather ect.. are. The square with the arrow is the same you would push to forward a message to someone. You just scroll to where you see add to home screen.

Fred Van Hook

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
11/05/2019
Ok, thanks... I had to google how to do it on my Iphone X.. After activating the share button I had to scroll up to find "add to home screen"..

Last edited: