Smokstak @ Baraboo Show 2002

J

Joe Prindle

Would any of the folks who follow this board care to meet at the Badger Steam and Gas Engine Club's show? How about 1:00 pm on Saturday, August 17th. We could meet at the south end of the stationary gas engine building. When you come in the main gate, go west to the end of the main drag, the engine shed is the last building on the nort side of the road. Let me know what you think.... Joe

J

Jason Weinke

Re: Smokstak @ Baraboo Show

I'll see you there Joe! You probaly already knew that though. Jason

J

John Davidson

I'll be there too. Lets put some faces on these names.

J

Joe Prindle

You mean like this guy, shown here with some goofy engine?!?! I still can't believe we got you to hold still long enough to get a picture! I just finished updating the website, so any of you folks that are thinking about coming, take a look at the photo section and then come on over. We have a good time and think you will too.

Badger Steam and Gas Engine Club

J

Joe A

Hi Joe-

What kind of engine is that in your photo?? Suire looks neat!!

Joe A.

D

Doug Hanneman

I work in the morning and won't be there till afternoon, but hope to meet some of you. See you there.

J

John Davidson

The engine is a double acting tandem gas engine. It was made by a fellow named Joyner about 1919. I beleive it was a prototype that he made to get a patent on the cooling which is no different than the way others had been building the very large ones. This most likely is the smallest one ever made. It has a bore of 6" and a stroke of 8" and weighs about 2700 pounds. It will be running are various times during the show this weekend. For those who don't know what a DAT is, the tandem has two cylinders, one in front of the other and the double acting is that it fires on both sides of the piston. It has a round rod with seals at both ends of each cylinder. The firing order is 1-2-3-4

O

oldenginejim

I`ll be there!!!

oldenginejim