• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Some thoughts regarding a recent comment.

Winchester

Registered
I have been without my computor for some time having an upgrade to Windows 10. Prior to this happening I posted a comment regarding a metorite landing some where in my area . A harmless comment, factual and it did prompt some replies .Some of you may be aware that I have an ignore list ,only one individual on it .As a consequence I am not aware of any comments made by this person. However a good friend felt that I should be made aware of a comment made by this person and he did inform and show me it . This person for some grubby reason had involved my wife in his response .
My wife died some six years ago ,we were married for 51 years and there is not a day go by that I do not think about her . Maybe this person did not know that I had lost my wonderful wife ,but I ask myself why involve her in his tasteless comment. Does he think he is funny or clever ? I dont think I am being precious , I am disgusted that this person should stoop so low . I will name this grubby individual ,scotty 2. The less I have to do with him the better he shall remain on my ignore list. I hope this post is published

Wayne 440

Registered
With all due respect, and compassion for your loss- it is obvious that the "tasteless comment" was intended as humor, not insult. If you were offended by that, whatever you do, do not venture into the Smoke, Flames & Gas section of this board- you might never recover.

Winchester

Registered
Yes it may have been intended as ''Humour''but on his past record it was an insult. In any case he is best put to one side . No I wont go to the SFand G section he is best left to dwell on his tasteless comment, Karma will prevail.
With all due respect, and compassion for your loss- it is obvious that the "tasteless comment" was intended as humor, not insult. If you were offended by that, whatever you do, do not venture into the Smoke, Flames & Gas section of this board- you might never recover.
our''

rodneyt

Registered
hi Winchester,
in this particular case i believe the comments were actually directed to me, not you, i attempted to divert the conversation by broadening that aspect of it, but failed.
i also believe this comment actually is a direct quote of several such comments on facebook, directed at other persons in the discussion of the heard noise, and so is not original to this forum, on fb they were obviously intended to be comical.
cheers Rod.

Winchester

Registered
T
hi Winchester,
in this particular case i believe the comments were actually directed to me, not you, i attempted to divert the conversation by broadening that aspect of it, but failed.
i also believe this comment actually is a direct quote of several such comments on facebook, directed at other persons in the discussion of the heard noise, and so is not original to this forum, on fb they were obviously intended to be comical.
cheers Rod.
That may be the case Rodney but why bring our wives into it ?

slip knot

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/27/2019
Sounds like you made the right decision of having this person on your ignore list. The ignore list is your friend.

Scotty 2

Registered
Here we go. Another whinge from Mr Goose. Who would have thought?
Oh get over it Mr Goose, or do you want me to bring up every time you and Kim tried to put Allora and it's rally down and the things my wife and I collect. Wasn't it YOU who called me a shoulderclapper? What is a bloody shoulderclapper?
Wasn't it YOU who started a thread entitled ''Old Tractors'' and for that matter old lawn mowers" and the opening comment, in it's entirety, was Yes well I have never been interested in old tractors. That was it. One sentence.
Wasn't that thread started 4 days after I posted about a not so common Southern Cross mower we have?

Get over yourself Mr Goose. I have said it before.....if you want to put sh!t onto people, expect it back.

If you read correctly I said wife or dog. Maybe it was your dog who farted?
You seem to be up everybody lately. Politicians, people specifying fire engines, me......I mean you have even complained about the amount of plastic used in packaging and who can forget the complaining about the Wicked campervans (I actually agree to a degree abut that one)
You can see every comment I make Mr Goose. Your only kinding yourself if you think people believe you don't see what I write. You even made comment on it in a thread you started but that thread pulled from existence because of the complaining, whining crap you were trying to inflict upon everyone.

There ya go Darryl.

Cheers Scott

Last edited:

Craig Gillingham

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/04/2017
Against my better judgement, I'm going to comment on this thread. Scotty, a Shoulderclapper is a reference I've heard a couple of times before (years ago); usually a term of endearment with an associate or close friend. Basically a physical slap on the back of a mate when greeting. Nothing more. I was surprised Google didn't have more info on this, but it didn't.