• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

South Bend Lathe Color

Rod in MN

Registered
HI. Guy's i'm restoring a South Bend Lath Model O Serial # 8258. I'm wounding what color there were painted I can see some color what looks like a Green. Would anyone know what color of Green it would be. Also looking for the cover that covers all the gears on the drive end ???

Would anyone know were i could down load the OP manual, Parts manual

Thank You
Rod in MN

Duey C

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/08/2019
Probly no help but #926 has a bunch of original black on the legs.

LCJudge

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/14/2019
I have 4 South Bend lathes. One, a 9 inch, is green. Another, a Heavy 10, is gray. The two larger ones (one is a 16 and the other is a 24 I think) appear to be black. I don’t think any have been repainted. I know what I’ve told you doesn’t help any.....but I wanted to let you know there appears to be a wide variation in colors. It’s possibly due to the purchaser of the items (government spec’ed gray, commercial sales we’re black, etc).