• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Your account is then manually checked and approved. There is too much funny business on the web for us to do otherwise. Be sure to use a working email address and do not use cloaking or anonymous web connections.

Stanadyne parts

Tracy T

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/16/2019
old ronm is still lurking on this thread FWIW, just happened to see it earlier today. you old buzzard, not everybody is out to take your business either! And i agree not every shop is out to get ya, but alot are!

Tracy T

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/16/2019
Called them up today, and they have my business from now on! they got the head apart said 50/50 chance on using it. looking thru their inventory to see if they have a good used usable head before buying a $500 head. That right there is service, they are trying to save me money and fix it! they have 4 locations Johnson city Tn, Knoxville Tn, Nashville Tn and Overland park Ks. Company name is diesel sales and service.

Tracy T

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/16/2019
well they found a head and a pump case and possibly a cam ring. cleaning everything up for inspection as of now to see where we go from here. wish i had knew about these guys years ago!

Tracy T

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/16/2019
Got it back yesterday, $613.20. That is a sight better than the three other shops quoted me. :rotfl:

Birken Vogt

Registered
That is just the way it is in the diesel injection world now. You really have to know who you are dealing with before you pull the trigger on any repairs.

Tracy T

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/16/2019
well it runs, but its time for a set of injectors. I will call them back in the morning, probably have them order new and ship them to me. sure do wish they were closer, pretty much ties up a whole day to drive down there and back.

Tracy T

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/16/2019
Ok riddle me this. smokes like a freight train and sounds like a back fire out the exhaust. pull a steep hill and it smooths out and actually will gain power? even quits smoking!:crazy: got me stumped! only thing i can figure is maybe its time for a valve job.......

Tracy T

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/16/2019
well now, you all may be on to something! the hole you look thru on the bell housing is not exactly great and neither are my eyes anymore. I was talking this over with one of the farmers and he said he has a ford 5000 that was a fresh rebuild and has been doing the same thing. I may have to break down and buy a bore scope to see the timing marks. this pump does have some wiggle room for adjustment if it is not out very much.

Tracy T

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/16/2019
well, i am going to advance the timing and see what happens. I think you two are onto something, when its under load it has a advance and thats when it runs best at the moment. If that helps it, i may borrow my neighbors loupe to see if i can see the marks on the flywheel better.