• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! We get hundreds of applications, so there is no time to deal with missing information.

Standard Twin Starter Pulley

Jeremy Williams

Registered
Hi,

Does anyone know if a starter pulley with part number C425 will fit a Twin? I currently have a rope start pulley on, and it doesn't work so well.

Thanks

Jeff LaCrone

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/29/2018
There is a correct one on ebay right now. It's the accessory flat belt pulley one. It would be easy to make the hand crank lever for it. You should be able to dig one up somewhere.

1938Sears

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
11/02/2019
Just curious if anyone has an extra one of these around they would like to part with at a "fair" price. :shrug: I have a twin also I would like to put one on.

Thanks

Jeremy Williams

Registered
Thanks for the replies. For that price I guess I didn't need one. I didn't pay that for the whole tractor! Was this one a special option or the standard one seen on most tractors?

Thanks

Jeremy

pharmall200

Registered
These flat belt pulleys were and option that replaces the crank hub on the flywheel. It uses the same hand crank for starting that the original hub used. The small diameter and relatively slow rpm's of the Std twin engine limit the use of the pulley. Some later ones have a v-belt groove machined into them. I have 10 Twins currently & 4 pulleys. Some one brazed a larger flat belt pulley over the original to increase the belt speed so that it would run a feed mill. The kind of money that one brought almost tempts me to part with one of mine.

Jeff LaCrone

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/29/2018
I've had close to 20 twins in various conditions and have two of the belt pulley's and one for a v belt that came on a Viking Twin.
I may have a spare crank hub. I'd hate to pull one off a complete engine I do have some parts machines I'd get rid of but I'm in Kansas. I'll check on the spare hubs.

mrf1002u

Registered
Hi,

Does anyone know if a starter pulley with part number C425 will fit a Twin? I currently have a rope start pulley on, and it doesn't work so well.

Thanks
In case you never found out...I have one and the part # is in fact C425. So yes it fits. FYI I also bought a pretty nice reproduction crank start handle on ebay.

Larry W.