• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Star 8HP by Chas Walker & Co.

Chester

Registered
Re: Star

cant help you with the date, but more pics would be nice, these are one of my favorite engines, cheers,
Chester.

Eric Schulz

Registered
Last Subscription Date
09/02/2009

Like most old engines, production records are not available. At least, not that I know about. I do know the Star was first made by Deutschers in Hamilton. Conflicting reports say they were made in Ballarat from 1917, and another says still from Hamilton that year. Anyway, they were built in Ballarat by Cowley's Eureka Iron Works from around 17 or 18.

Eric

AussieIron

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/04/2020

John, always loved those engines, came from my neck of the woods, I'm about 100 k from both Hamilton and Ballarat. There's a few at shows around here every now and then. You're a lucky man! Good luck with restoration, a few more photos would be nice,---Cheers.

cobbadog

Registered

There is a story in the current TOMM on Star engines and this guy seems to be able to put an age on his somehow. Maybe worthwhile contacting him.