• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Started work on 1/3 scale Case

Case Place

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/14/2019
Hi Chris,
Bronze bushings are all well and good, but please apply some oil on the bearings once in a while. Dirt can still be your enemy. I had a couple of thousands clearance on my cast iron hubs to steel axles and used grease cups to push some grease in. I would go around the whole engine while firing and twist the 15 grease cups I had installed for lubrication. I even had a couple of little ones helping out with the chores. They loved helping and I had a new friend for the entire show. They always asked if I was coming back next year.
Have fun with your new treasure.

Larry

chrsbrbnk

Registered
I was using grease zerts in a number of spots. On the wheels I tried the cups to start with but it was really tough to get my fingers in there to reload and twist them so I put in zerts

Case Place

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/14/2019
I know what you mean about close quarters on the front wheels. That is where the little ones came in real handy. Those small fingers had no trouble at all. There was a couple of times the kids had never gotten grease on their hands. It was fun to watch their facial expressions.
Larry