• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Steam at the Hungry Hollow show

Grape

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/16/2019
Photos of last weekends show. The case is from Ridgeland WI. The N/S belongs to the club
I didn't find the owner of the portable, it needs work, The homebuilt is cute and drew quite a crowd. Its from Ingram WI.

Attachments

Grape

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/16/2019
Re: Steam at the Hungry Hollow show #2

Lots of good steamed corn made from this little upright.

HH16.jpg

Ken Majeski

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/10/2019
That would be Gary Hennig and Family's 20 Minnie #8708. The Case Portable belongs to the Club....

Did they ever get a Steam Engine into the Mud Pie and saw any lumber..??? Didn't look too promising on Saturday...

Grape

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/16/2019
Ken, Sunday they got everything going. They had the Gary's Minneapolis on the saw mill after noon. It was suprising how much things dried out in less than a day! I think the stiff winds helped. By the time we left late sunday afternoon we were kicking up dust again.

Grape

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/16/2019
Chuck, I didn't get either number. I didn't see a boiler number or any stamps on the boiler. There may be something under the dirt and rust tho. I didn't see an engine number either but couldn't really climb around on it.
I'll try to contact one of the club members and see if I can get some info for you.

Grape

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/16/2019
Thats Gary's daughter, I believe she spends more time on this machine than he does. I hope to get some time to talk to them at other shows later this summer. Very nice people. And that Minnie makes the best steamed sweet corn in the world :D

J Dayman

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/13/2019
That green framed homebuilt machine is a great looking rig. Congrats to the builders.

Jeff

Grape

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/16/2019
Thats a John deere frame. They ran a belt from the steam engine A pulley where the origional flywheel would be. I don't know if they are useing the origional crank or s straight shaft to the origional clutch. this way they can still use the clutch and transmission. The boiler weas built in 1971 but I don't remember the company who made it. That rig can move right along and sounds like a small locomotive chugging around the grounds.