• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Your account is then manually checked and approved. There is too much funny business on the web for us to do otherwise. Be sure to use a working email address and do not use cloaking or anonymous web connections.

Steam Engine Model At WI Auction No Reserve

Mike Paul

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
04/12/2020
I'll be selling a handmade model of a steam engine, vertical flue boiler, economiser and feed water pump at an upcoming auction. I don't have a date set yet other than to say it will probably be February 2013 at the soonest. It just came in so it's at the bottom of the totem pole for scheduling but I wanted to get the word out. Photos can be viewed at: http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/photopanel.cgi?listingid=1611313&category=0&zip=&kwd=

It was brought to me by a man in his late 70s who received it as a gift when he was a boy. His dad got it from a jeweler who had it kicking around after it was given to him by the maker. The maker thought that the jeweler could use it to run his lathe. A quick search shows several Moetzels in Davenport IA but no useful information. Call me at 262 338 3030 during normal business hours if you have any questions.