Steam guys ought to LOVE this auction!

Mike
its a nice little engine. looks like hes got a offer and was declined. i like the caption LATE 1800'S ANTIQUE, GARAGE-KEPT STEAM ENGINE ON A 1961 PENNSYLVANIA BOILER. :O now i wonder if its been garage kept all along and will the new owner have to keep it in the garage too :eek: bet the wife don't go for it. :rant
the old $60,000 case got 7 offers and all were declined. east meets west there comeing out of the wood work :bonk:.
keepem steamn
mike

Mike McKnight

I guess if a full-scale engine with purty paint and original coal shovel is worth $60K, then a nice "garage kept" 1/2 scale with purty paint ought to be worth half that? Half the engine, half the price, right? :crazy: :bonk: :p
Mike

well offer #2 is pending. at least this one runs and BOILER IS CERTIFIED. :D don't come with a garage door opener though. it needs the shovel to realy have the 1800's look.
mike :wave:

Forrest A

It looks like the engine portion could be from the mid 1800s... It would be nice to know the manufacturer... I would agree, there isn't enough metal there to bring 30 big notes. I'd hazard a guess on the high side of $12K would be all it would bring at a typical auction.

Forrest A

Robert M

My 2-cents, I just sold a Terning 1/2 scale Nov. 10th for $23,500.00. It had a code boiler that was built in 1978, I had all paper work, along with a local state inspection which included a ultrasound test. I had replaced the pop-valve and replaced the crown sheet plug. The grates were excellant, and the boiler had always had excellant care. It was ready for spring fire-up. That said, I hope this engine will bring over $20,000.00, if in fact it does have a code boiler and they could provide a current UL test, given its size ect. I'd say it needs to. I wish the owners well!!

Robert M.

Mike McKnight

I know that Terning engines bring big money; but they're some of the nicest half-scales out there. Unfortunately, this engine isn't as nice....I say $10K - $12 K would be a decent price for this little engine. It's not it ain't cute, at all...it is cute, but I don't think a real high dollar machine...esp. not $30K!
Mike

Mike
i agree with you on this, it is a nice little engine. to me it does not look like a scaled steam engine. by this i mean it doesn't look like the cases,averys, kecks, ect that i have seen at the shows . they got the detail on them. the 1/2 scale of thses are or (most) exacly like the big boys. the only part of this engine that sets it off is the curved spoke flywheel. offer #2 got declined.

Beth V

Might it resemble a Geezer scale? I cannot make out the writing on the heater/exhaust.

Not worth that to me. You'd think if he wanted that much $$$ for it that he'd have some real history...like builder, engine make, etc.

At least the 60 Case is real.....and comes with that "original" 20 yr old shovel....;) :rotfl:

Beth:wave:

Mike McKnight

Beth,
I can tell you what's its a model of, with that curved spoke flywheel....it's a PORT HURON! Now I'll bet you'll be tearing your shirt for it, won't you?????? :D I'll bet you could find a banker to let you have a loan for $30K for it, too!!!!! :crazy:
Mike M

Beth
this engine would look good on the lowboy trailer behind the stagg :D, i think you could put it on back of the lowboy over the wheels and still haul the big engine.

Beth V

Mike B,

For $30,000 (and yes, Mike M, I think I know a banker who could get me the funds....), I'd buy a Foden scale model. Like this one:

As cute as it is, I don't think it would fit on the beaver tail with the Reeves on the trailer. The water tank & coal bunker hangs over it.

It won't fit on the tail of my husband's rig either.

Beth

Beth V

Mike M,

I need to send you some PORT HURON information. It appears you've been out in the sun cultivating those CASE parts too long!:O

Now, this 1/4 scale PORT HURON with LeRoy Blaker is definately one I'd go to the bank for!

That is a pocket watch as the SN hub on the smokebox door.

Beth

Beth
i would agree with you i would do the same for these 2 :D. i got the solution solved, if i was still working for this company i could move them :O. that is a 20,000 lb. counter weight on the frt. for traction, i have had 32 axels on this trailer with 650,000 payload. :D GETER DONE
mike

Attachments

Barry Peck

Hi Folks ,
I know this engine, The writing on the side of the heater says Hullson. It is a scale model built by either John Hall Or his father from Gettysburg, PA. It used to be a regular at Williams Grove.
It is a nice little engine, about 1/2 to 1/4 scale. Not sure if the price is in line with the current demand or not,
I helped haul the engine years ago.

Casemaker

I can not tell from the picture ....but the engine on this looks to be a stationary engine sitting up on the boiler ? I wish there were better pictures.....

I got some packets of CASE EAGLE seed and I going to plant them in a few days......when they sprout I will get you some pictures :O

Mike McKnight

Casemaker,
Yeah, you just WISH you had some of that fertile Tennessee soil up there so you could grow you some half-scale Case parts! Tell you what do, if you'll locate me some oilers and brass stuff like that to finish off my 60, I'll trade you some TN soil for it....sound like a deal? :D
Mike

Jeff Smith

Subscriber
Interesting.........................18 posts from folks bashing a person for trying to sell their engine................:bs:

A fine job of wasting server space...............:bs:

Jeff Smith

casesteam12

This forum is for items for sale on ebay. I don't see where any bashing has been done at all. Everyone has his or her opinion. There were no personal attacks on anyone. Threads are open for discussion and thats exactly what is being done here.

Brad