• The old site search from Google needs to be updated. Use the Search at the Upper Right, or use What's New in the center - it has a drop down arrow. You will need to change your Favorits by right click mouse and clicking favorites. Many of the posts in How to Use This Web Site are old so the links may or may not work. I have one hell of a lot of work to do!

Steam Locomotive 6213!

J Dayman

Subscriber
Hi G,

Thanks for that thread. 6213 is near and dear to my heart. Every time we went to the Ex my Dad and I would go see 6213, the Ned Hanlan tugboat, and go through the Marine Museum.

Do you know if the MM and the Ned Hanlan are still there?

Glad to see the heritage club is preserving 6213.

There is also a CN Northern just east of the CN station in Guelph Ont but it is in poor shape externally. Apparently there is some city politics going on with it. Some on council want it scrapped and others want it cosmetically restored and preserved indefinitely. Long time ago I wrote to papers and council saying they must preserve it in my opinion, and in order not to waste valuable paint, they should build a building around it and paint it once, and charge 50 cents to see it! The building of course should be built with contractors who are related to councillors of course.:brows:

G Willikers

Sponsor
j dayman!
Not sure about the Hanlan or the marine museum - have not been down there for years!
Last fall, 6167 at Guelph was completely covered by tarp!:(:crazy: I remember seeing her in operation going by our farm in 1963(?). She must have been well past worn out as all you could hear were the side rods pounding! She deserves a better retirement. They used to get inmates from the local pen come over and keep her painted up at least!
Other CN Northerns:
6218 is on display at a small rail museum in Fort Erie. She ran through this area many times on excursions.
6200 is on display in front of the Science Museum in Ottawa. I think she lost a lot of parts to keep 6218 running back in the 60s and 70s!
6153 is in the rail museum at Delson/St. Constant, Québec - I remember they traded her pilot truck to Mountain Type 6060 back in the 70s to keep 6060 running!:O Somewhere I have a lovely colour picture that was the centerfold in the old Weekend Magazine that came with the Saturday paper. It showed 6153 doubleheaded with Pacific Type 5107 (now on display at Kapauskasing I think) on a huge trestle somewhere in Québec!
And streamlined 6400 is inside the Science Museum in Ottawa. A couple of other Canadian National Railways related Northern Types still around are 6323 and 6325. They are Grand Trunk Western engines and one is on display at the big rail museum north of Chicago and the other was running in Ohio last I heard?
And it should be mentioned that all those years that 6213 set on display, a gentleman named Grant Kingsland lovingly took care of her, kept paint on her and kept many of her auxilliaries working! A fine chap he is!
G.

Last edited:

casertractor

Subscriber
j dayman!
Not sure about the Hanlan or the marine museum - have not been down there for years!
Last fall, 6167 at Guelph was completely covered by tarp!:(:crazy: I remember seeing her in operation going by our farm in 1963(?). She must have been well past worn out as all you could hear were the side rods pounding! She deserves a better retirement. They used to get inmates from the local pen come over and keep her painted up at least!
Other CN Northerns:
6218 is on display at a small rail museum in Fort Erie. She ran through this area many times on excursions.
6200 is on display in front of the Science Museum in Ottawa. I think she lost a lot of parts to keep 6218 running back in the 60s and 70s!
6153 is in the rail museum at Delson/St. Constant, Québec - I remember they traded her pilot truck to Mountain Type 6060 back in the 70s to keep 6060 running!:O Somewhere I have a lovely colour picture that was the centerfold in the old Weekend Magazine that came with the Saturday paper. It showed 6153 doubleheaded with Pacific Type 5107 (now on display at Kapauskasing I think) on a huge trestle somewhere in Québec!
And streamlined 6400 is inside the Science Museum in Ottawa. A couple of other Canadian National Railways related Northern Types still around are 6323 and 6325. They are Grand Trunk Western engines and one is on display at the big rail museum north of Chicago and the other was running in Ohio last I heard?
And it should be mentioned that all those years that 6213 set on display, a gentleman named Grant Kingsland lovingly took care of her, kept paint on her and kept many of her auxilliaries working! A fine chap he is!
G.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia_8tUnA_XE

David Hoover

Subscriber
Hi G,

Thanks for that thread. 6213 is near and dear to my heart. Every time we went to the Ex my Dad and I would go see 6213, the Ned Hanlan tugboat, and go through the Marine Museum.

Do you know if the MM and the Ned Hanlan are still there?

Glad to see the heritage club is preserving 6213.

There is also a CN Northern just east of the CN station in Guelph Ont but it is in poor shape externally. Apparently there is some city politics going on with it. Some on council want it scrapped and others want it cosmetically restored and preserved indefinitely. Long time ago I wrote to papers and council saying they must preserve it in my opinion, and in order not to waste valuable paint, they should build a building around it and paint it once, and charge 50 cents to see it! The building of course should be built with contractors who are related to councillors of course.:brows:
The Marine Museum closed down years ago, as far as I know everything is stored away. The Ned Hanlon I’m pretty sure got moved to Hanlon’s point. The best part of going to the Ex was seeing that stuff.