• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Be certain that you have spelled your email address correctly! Your account is then manually checked and approved.

Steam Rollers

casesteam12

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/05/2009
Thought I would try this and see how many different manufactures of steam rollers that were really out there. Not just traction type conversions but all types. I've included the easy ones! Case and Baker. Andy will have to help me with the owner of the Case as it was taken at Rushville 2007. The Baker has Arthur S. Langenderfer Inc. on the canopy. Anyone know where this engine is?...Brad

Attachments

James Maxwell

Registered
We have a Buffalo-Springfield donated by Washington Corp at our depot downtown. She looks in good condition and is behind a stout fence.

This is what happens when you post your photos off site at short term services.
—Harry

Last edited by a moderator:

Peter

Registered
Last Subscription Date
11/14/2013
Here is a kelley springfield at Preston's for sale in the UK. This was imported just this month and pictured on the Old Glory website. I sure wish i had a chance at this one. I know where it is now, but I would like to know where it came from.

Its been mentioned before, but this seems a good place to put in another plug for "Classic American Steamrollers" By Raymond L Drake and Dr Robert T Rhode. ISBN 1-58388-038-0 This I would say is the definitive work: Acme to Waterous. Heavily illustrated and well documented. Paper back with nice quality gloss pages and good clear images.

Attachments

Ron Vance

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/21/2015
Hello All,

Attached are pics of BUFFALO-SPRINGFIELD roller, serial number 12624. These were taken the Sycamore show in 2006. The roller is owned by Neilan Fruit of Kirkland, IL. As I understand it, at one time this roller was owned by BannerBoy’s grandpa, Al New.

Happy New Year,

Ron

Attachments

John Hidy

Registered
My Great Grandpa was half owner on a 1894 Iroquar (splg) roller small it easily fit on a 18' flat bed truck. i remenber operating it at Old Threshers John

MoRo

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
10/15/2019
There was one at New Rockford, some years back. :bonk:I don't recall the make.:bonk: Vertical boiler with shay-type driveline and vertical engine.
What ever became of it?:shrug:

Terry Welch

Registered
I have put pictures of a Iroquois 8 ton on the Buffalo Springfield thread. I am hoping to get it out this spring. Neat little machine, needs some work to get it going. Someday. For some reason it wil not let me post them here.

Ron Vance

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/21/2015
Hello All,

In line with Cody’s post, attached is a pic of HUBER roller serial number 11508. I believe that this machine is owned by the Antique Steam and Gas Engine Club as it does reside at their show grounds in Boonville, IN. Presently it is a work in progress.

Am sure that the KAY GEE BEE can add more to the above as to its history, etc.

Ron

Attachments

MoRo

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
10/15/2019
There was one at New Rockford, some years back. :bonk:I don't recall the make.:bonk: Vertical boiler with shay-type driveline and vertical engine.
What ever became of it?:shrug:
I quit stirring the milk and the cream came to the top! :O It was a Buffalo Springfield roller, I do believe.

Beth V

Last Subscription Date
03/03/2018
Brad,

Here's Rol using his Buffalo Springfield roller over at the elevator rolling the base of a new 2-3 million bushel round pile.

Here's another picture of Kramer's Case Roller with the bright green jacket taken this year at Greenville.

I think, and Philip can verify, that Langederfer's Baker roller went to the Sauder's Museum in Archbold, OH. There is one there, but I haven't looked at it in a decade ...or so....:eek:

Beth

Mike McKnight

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
03/20/2020
Speaking of Case Rollers, who owned the Case roller at Pinckneyville this year?

In amongst the pile of "seemed to be a good idea to buy it at the time" items in my collection is a 10-ton Buffalo Springfield roller (Kelly-Springfield type with sold disk flywheel) that was probably the last steam roller located in the state of Mississippi. Anyone know where I could get a boiler for it? The old boiler's TOAST! :bonk:

Thanks for starting the thread, I've always thought steamrollers were COOL!!!!! :D

Thanks,
Mike

JHFoster

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/24/2013
"That was probably the last steam roller located in the state of Mississippi. "

Mike, Where did she come from? Thanks Jeff

Mike McKnight

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
03/20/2020
"That was probably the last steam roller located in the state of Mississippi. "

Mike, Where did she come from? Thanks Jeff
Jeff,
Came from Sonny Hamilton, of Petal, MS. Do you remember seeing it there at his place?

Mike