Stover Duro Engine on Craigslist

Mike Stroz

Attachments

K-Tron

Re: Unknown Engine on Craigslist

That is certainly a franken-engine. It is a Stover duro with a Briggs ignition jerry-rigged on it.

Chris

grega

Subscriber

If it’s the ad I’m thinking of it’s a modified stover duro. I think his price is high.
-Greg

Turbo

Subscriber

Yes, Duro engine with a Briggs flywheel jury rigged on. He is high. A nice one is worth about that.

Mike Stroz

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't pay anywhere near asking. I really like the look of it though, I'll definitely be keeping my eye out for a decent Duro now

Hi Mike,
these little Stover /Duros' are neat little air-cooled engines and do spring up at many of the shows in our area. They are steady runners when setup properly.
I've seen them fitted with Wico EK or PR mags, also Bosch Rotary Gear & Dixie Rotary Gear magnetos.
There is a wide base (later) version and a narrow base (early) version.
Some of the tags have "Duro Manufacturing" on black metallic background, or if it's by Stover it will say Stover model AC on full brass tag. (at least all those I've seen)
The example on CL is pretty rough if you're looking for a project.
I have one (restored) and it has found a spot in my living room!

Mike Stroz

I wish I could find a decent one of these. I've been wanting a very small hit and miss or early throttle governed engine for a while and these Duros really piqued my interest.