• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, give complete answers and fill in all blanks. Be Considerate, this is an application to JOIN Smokstak, therefore it becomes part of a decision to open the door to you or send you off to the dropout file. Place your City, State, Country in the location box and it will be compared to where the internet lookup utilities say that you are. Don't give me a zip code to look up, the Eject button is much easier. We get hundreds of applications, so there is not time for monkey business.

Stover DV-2 Fan belt help please

David Jackson

Registered
I have a Stover DV-2 That I just bought yesterday in hopes of saving it and the fan belt is missing. I am hoping someone might have a belt number that I can use to find one for mine. I cant believe so little parts and information are available for these engines. any help would be great. thank you.

Ron Haskell

Registered
Last Subscription Date
08/05/2018
Mine has two numbers: L 230 and L 230H. It looks new, not sure when I put it on.

David Jackson

Registered
Mine has two numbers: L 230 and L 230H. It looks new, not sure when I put it on.
Okay Thank you very much I will see If I can find one By any chance was there a brand name on the belt? I googled L230 or a L230H and it didn't pull anything up. I Will keep checking Thank you for your time.

Dave Myers

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/07/2018
Actually, a B industrial belt is very different from a 4L fractional hp belt. Stick with the 4L230 which is nominally 1/2" wide and 23" long. Different series belts have different construction, tapers, and are measured differently.
David

David Jackson

Registered
No brand name, just made in the Philippines. I think you need a B width 23" belt.
Thank you very much for your time. That's very helpful. Would you by any chance know where I can find any information on the position of the geared rotor button. I took the cap off and the section under the distributor cap that you have to remove to get to the points. When I removed that section the rotor button fell out of that section and I have know idea what position it was in and you can position it anywhere so I have no idea how to time it. Thank you. I just can't seem to find any information on this. Thank you.