• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Your account is then manually checked and approved. There is too much funny business on the web for us to do otherwise. Be sure to use a working email address and do not use cloaking or anonymous web connections.

Stuck Madison Kipp Lubricator

forney00c

Registered
Picked up something I haven't really messed with, a few Madison Kipp force feed lubricators. I have a 6 feed that is stuck, but internals look to be all there and unbroken. I also have a 2 feed with eccentrics that have disintegrated, but the pumps seem to be in decent shape. I know there is another thread on who has new eccentrics available, but I'm wondering about the best way to go about loosening up the pumps that are stuck. So far the only thing I've done is spray a little PB Blaster Inside, hoping it will help loosen it, but I'm up for any tips on successfully tearing one of these lubricators down.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

BOB White12

Registered
I have two 6 feeds from hart Parr's that are both locked solid. the best way that I have seen to free them up is to take them all down. I cant find a picture cause new computer but on one side there is a pin that you pound or drill out that lets you take apart the eccentrics. if anyone has a picture please share it.

forney00c

Registered
I have two 6 feeds from hart Parr's that are both locked solid. the best way that I have seen to free them up is to take them all down. I cant find a picture cause new computer but on one side there is a pin that you pound or drill out that lets you take apart the eccentrics. if anyone has a picture please share it.
With the 2 feed, I unbolted the pumps from the housing, and with everything else slid off the shaft, I was able to pull the whole works out. I'm still trying to figure out how to get eccentrics off the shafts and get the pistons disconnected from the eccentrics without breaking anything. I have another 6 feed missing the top that might get cannibalized to rebuild the 2 feed and put spare parts on the shelf, but I suppose that all depends on if I can get it all apart without breaking things.

G Willikers

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
06/03/2020
The white metal wobble drives are hard to save some times. The one side will usually slide off, but the other one can really stick in the ring. I had a little home made device that matched the diameter of the drives for pushing them out. They seem to swell up over time and no amount of soaking seems to work.
I did a Hart-Parr one for a friend a few years back. It had had water in it. Can't remember how the wobble drives were to get off, but the pumps had sat in water. It took some work, but was able to open up all the passages with fine wire and air pressure. It was working fine when it left here, which is about all you can do.
They are fun to work on but take time and patience.
Biewer Tractor Salvage in Minnesota had reproduced the wobble drives. They are quite well done. Not sure if they still have any? They are a sponsor on here.
Good luck.

forney00c

Registered
One thing I hadn't thought of, but was brought up by a fellow club member: maybe filling the case/reservoir to the top with diesel or even a 50/50 mix of ATF and acetone would help creep in all of the moving parts and loosen some things up. I figure it's worth a try as opposed to soaking it down with a spray bottle once every 2-3 weeks.

Edgar

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
03/18/2019
Does anyboby have the cap or cover where you put oil in at ?? On a 6 feed ??? Thanks