• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Syracuse Chilled Plow Model 26 - info and use?

agunslinger

Registered
I just acquired this Model 26 and it looks like it should have additional parts that come off of it. Trying to figure out what it looked like in original form and how it worked.

Mike Rock

Registered
Tom,
Thank you for the wonderful like. Very useful information.
I like the trail scoop as well.
It's funny to think about some folks trying to use a slip scraper (the trail Scoop) without first plowing the ground with either a regular or a hillside plow. My dad was working on a road project in the thirties when the scraper hit a rock. Something didn't work right and he said he ended up damned near to the neck yoke on the mule's harness. They both looked at him and stood stock still until he gathered himself up and got untangled. Said the mules saved his life.

agunslinger

Registered
Interesting. I wonder if my beam was a replacement of some sort since mine is straight and all the others seem curved. Cool stuff.

Arbister59

Registered
I just acquired this Model 26 and it looks like it should have additional parts that come off of it. Trying to figure out what it looked like in original form and how it worked.

1B1624DF-7A9B-4834-9915-0DB7DFB59F9A.jpegI have a Syracuse “26” as well that is more complete, though the wood is in bad shape. One of the handles is gone. Looking for a good picture or schematic of the 26 to restore it.