• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Tangye Register

Kerry Morris

Registered
On 12th April 15, there are 420 Surviving Tangye Engines on the Register
Australia - 232
New Zealand - 79
England - 66
Netherlands - 4
Wales - 3
Canada - 2
Denmark - 2
USA - 1
Rest unknown

David Syme

Registered
Hello Kerry,
Do you have the Tangye register, if so I have started on engine no 7025B.
It has an adjustment screw marked:
SHUT,9HP, 7HP, 5HP< LIGHT>
David.

David Syme

Registered
Kerry,
Thanks for your prompt reply, the engine bore is 6 3/4 inches, flywheel diameter 45 inch.
I am interested in anything related to it.
David.

E27N

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/06/2020
Hey David, we love pictures....... Could we trouble you to start a new thread and put some up? Pretty please.......

Andrew, fellow Tangye restorer.

Last edited:

bomb head

Registered
Hi,
Kerry
I have just obtained a TANGYE engine serial NO. 5956B and i dont know anything about these engines.I am looking for what information is available so I can start to restore this engine.
thanks,
bomb head.

Sad Iron

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
10/10/2019
Still got the market cornered in Canada!!

Did you have info on the ones that sold in Sweden recently??

Jonathan

Phil Dowe

Registered
I just happened to be in Mudgee NSW, recently helping clear out my inlaws house,and a bloke told me of an auction the following weekend at Wellington, that had a Tange for sale. I did try and go on the net for some pics,and it looked complete! Does anyone know who bought it and where it went to? I think this hobby really reflects the economy in general, and from what I have noticed,prices are really in the buyers favour. The problem is the economy is flat,and no one has any money!! Regards Phil.

Tim Macaire

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/21/2013
Jonathan,
I've got the feeling I have seen another Tangye gas engine like the one sold in the sale. I believe they might have been made under licence hence the slight differences in base design and mag positioning. It could be Sweden or possibly Denmark that I saw the other example.
Tim

Rob.S

Registered
Last Subscription Date
05/15/2014
Hi Phil Tangye from this sale went to a collector in Bathurst as well as the 5hp Hornsby oil engine its believed both engines started working life on this property around 1912