• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Be certain that you have spelled your email address correctly! Your account is then manually checked and approved.

The American tractor coming to Crosby show 2020

FWurth

One Millionth Post
Last Subscription Date
07/29/2019
Well, they built at least 2 for sure, this one and the one that was scrapped that the one wheel came from. I don't think the thing was too successful power train wise. In reality, this one with it's hybrid new power train, most likely is better than the original.

LukeSte

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/17/2019
Where the wheel came from west of crosby has 2 of these tractors. But i dont know if the completed one is one of those 2. The wheel came from west of crosby i remember john saying

FWurth

One Millionth Post
Last Subscription Date
07/29/2019
The tractor was already well known in the collector community, part of the Fred Bruns collection. It had been put into a running restored exhibit and had been shown in that configuration for decades, in fact it was featured in some of the published books of the time. But as Mr Bruns got up in years and didn't get to care for his collection in the later years, it and the rest of his collection was allowed to sit out at the farm and deteriorate. His family apparently weren't able to care for his things and finally sold the collection.

Kelly Tytlandsvik

Subscriber
The tractor was already well known in the collector community, part of the Fred Bruns collection. It had been put into a running restored exhibit and had been shown in that configuration for decades, in fact it was featured in some of the published books of the time. But as Mr Bruns got up in years and didn't get to care for his collection in the later years, it and the rest of his collection was allowed to sit out at the farm and deteriorate. His family apparently weren't able to care for his things and finally sold the collection.
Here is a photo of the tractor before the Kass family purchased it. Courtesy of Glynn Orwick It would have had its Chevrolet drive train at this time.

Attachments

GlennSchaal

Registered
The tractor is looking pretty sharp! It got its lettering on Monday. We will hold off on photos until a decision is made on the Crosby show! I hate to steal the thunder of the show! Hopefully it is possible to have the show and the border opens so we can have the tractor in Crosby for its coming out party!
Kelly, surely you can get a tunnel dug before the show!! The Mexicans dig them all the time.