• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS. GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! We get hundreds of applications, so there is no time to deal with missing information.

The Hoosier Flint & Walling plus an Economy

BSerfass

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
11/05/2019
I found this early Flint and Walling Hoosier engine online and went to pick it up yesterday. I took my truck and small trailer figuring it would be an easy load with it being on a cart. When I got there the owner showed me an old Goulds centrifugal irrigation pump that he offered for a little more cash. While we were humping it out of the back of the barn I needed to move an old barn door that was in the way. Guess what was behind door #1 - A large Economy engine. It is complete and turns over. No tag so I am not sure of the HP size but it is at least a 5 HP. We settled on a price if I could get it out of the barn. Using a large piece of rope and my truck to pull it out and onto my small trailer took 2 hours but it is home now and I am going to get it running today.
The Hoosier engine is very nice and I am planning to take it to Jacktown in July.

Attachments

Earle

Registered
OMG I now own this engine. Got it from Tony Sage in March 2017. Bet the serial number is 11645. It is a 1 1/2 hp and runs counter clockwise. Earle Franklin